New owner 1972 Demon

-
Welcome & here is hoping thinks start going better for you! I think all of us have been burned at one time or another. I happens when you love cars!

That's a neat car you've got. If it's a real white car with a blue interior, that's pretty neat too. Have fun, take your time and ask any questions you have here.

Keep plugging at it and don't give up. Someday you'll have everything done and the car is looking sweet. Your car will the best reward for the effort and hard work you put into it.

John

welcome to the site and good luck with the car. let us know when ya find out if its a factory 340 car..

I was going to call lildemon kid to ask him about a few things I have encountered with the car but, honestly, I am a little ill right now about some of the things I am dealing with like the steering box thing, the inoperable radio that he said worked, and the rust-welded suspension that I have been fighting for the last 2 weeks and has kept me from being able to drive the car that I was told would be just fine as a daily driver. :angry5:
I'm going to have to wait till i cool down a bit before making that call lol

Like rumble said: "RUT Roh!" LOL

Welcome to FABO She Devil, looks like you have a little work cut out for yourself. Keep us posted and send pictures of your progress.

First, I'd like to thank everyone for making me feel welcome. I really appreciate it.

View attachment 114061
Last but not least...This is the Dodge I was hoping to be working on right now

:cheers: Holy crap!!!!!!!! - this is almost identical to the car in my driveway!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't quite tell from the pic - is that a 55 or 56????? Ours is a V8-3 on the tree, what's in yours?

Welcome to FABO, I to saw some members beating up on lildemonkid about this car. Glad he was able to make a sale, and you were able to pick it up.

Welcome to FABO, I to saw some members beating up on lildemonkid about this car. Glad he was able to make a sale, and you were able to pick it up.

Well from what SheDevil is saying, sounds like lildemonkid may not have been telling the truth on some key issues...Not to mention the extremely high asking price ;) Best of luck on the Demon Shedevil...Hope it gets better for you.

Welcome SheDevil,
Be patient, the car will come together. As far as the rust-weld goes, we have all been there. These cars are 35+ years old and are going to have rust issues somewhere. Don't get to discouraged and keep a stiff upper lip, you will end up with a real head turner.

Jack

Welcome to the site and yes, pictures are mandatory!!

I noticed the seller has been absent from this thread. Crickets chirping...

I read his posts awhile back when he was trying to force the sell at 9k...lol thatd be like me asking 9k for my car, never gonna get it

Welcome aboard she devil!

One thing: PB Blaster (available at car parts / dollar general stores for about $4) is YOUR FRIEND. Spray the rusty bolts and nuts and let it sit for a few minutes. It's kinda greasy and makes tools slippery so keep paper towels nearby.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Welcome to FABO. Just think when you're all done you'll have something to be proud of based on all your hard work. Hang in there!

:cheers: Holy crap!!!!!!!! - this is almost identical to the car in my driveway!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't quite tell from the pic - is that a 55 or 56????? Ours is a V8-3 on the tree, what's in yours?

That one is a 56 Coronet with the push button transmission. I can't wait to get back to working on it!!! She is sooo purdy!!! :love5:

Thanks everyone for your encouragement! i am heading to Just Suspension on Monday to pick up my new torsion bars. Learned me a new lesson today. When the Haynes manuals says something like "use a rag to protect the bar from damage" I should investigate here as to why I would need to before saying screw it and clamping the vice grips directly to the bar. OOPS!!

Guess it's about time for an update.
As of my last post, I had finally pulled the front passenger side suspension apart and was getting the new torsion bars so I could begin reassembly.
Well, the reassembly went well. I also decided that, after spending 2 months on that suspension, people were going to see it one way or another and it was going to have to look good!! So, I painted the suspension pink, panther pink.

front suspension.jpg

Looking good. This is the first time I came across this thread and just remembered the threads from the previous owner. Good luck and keep going on it.

Well, after that was all finished, I was able to pull the drivers side apart and get it put back together quite easily and I was finally on my way to get an alignment. and it only took me 3 months! In the meantime I was spending so much time under a car feeling clueless I decided to go to school and become a "technician" AKA a mechanic. So, now I am going to UTI in Mooresville.
So, I got the car on 4 wheels and refilled the radiator, I'd drained it when I took the headers off. Did y'all know the header bolt holes went thru to the water jacket??? I sure didn't and seeing coolant shooting out of the bolt hole caused a whole bunch of panic!
Anyway, got the radiator filled and was getting ready to jumpstart the car when the bf and his dad pulled up. Well, the bf's dad was nice enough to offer to follow me to the alignment shop so we jumped the car and off we go......
Got to the alignment shop to a boiled engine! Yup, I hadn't made sure that the coolant was properly filled and the temp gauge on the dash is not the one I should have been paying attention to, there's a working temp gauge mounted at the bottom of the dash.
I got the alignment and 2 new front tires and the car started without much trouble.

I had 2 great days of driving. It was awesome having transportation again!!!
Then it snowed....... The snow started while we were at dinner and by the time we were on the way home the streets had gotten pretty slick and well....... I spun and hit a curb. Dented rim, and I'm walking again...

IMG00129-20100202-1430.jpg

No problems, found a great fab man in the area and after the snow melted my bf took the wheel, tied it to the back of his scooter and took it to get fixed.

We were driving again......... for 2 days.

Then the wheel fell off.

Best I can guess, the stock lug stems were a bit short for the centerline rims and the rear rims really needed the longer lug nuts. Add to that the trauma of a hard hit to a curb and the ends of the lug nuts stripped out. Looking close at them you could see that the stems were threading into the nuts less than 1/2".

The damage to the rear fender revealed something really interesting. The rusted up fender was mostly bondo. I kept the pieces that shattered off it. I'm going to use them to make a mosaic style picture frame for the picture of my car when it's finished.

wheelless.jpg

Guess it's about time for an update.
As of my last post, I had finally pulled the front passenger side suspension apart and was getting the new torsion bars so I could begin reassembly.
Well, the reassembly went well. I also decided that, after spending 2 months on that suspension, people were going to see it one way or another and it was going to have to look good!! So, I painted the suspension pink, panther pink.

What the Hell:shock::poke::smilebox:

Welcome to here, you sure have been busy with that car.

-
Back