New Police Radar - I'm looking for info on this, Anyone???

-

Frankie

Member #9641
Reaction score
10264688_507813652652970_5591790754340355520_n.jpg

I don't know why, at this point in time, why it matters when, how, where, etc something like that is deployed, if it's monitored by a human. After all we now have all sorts of "instant on" handheld, vehicular, and moving RADAR as well as LASER devices. I think the simple answer is it depends on the laws of your state whether it can be used for automated tickets.

so even if they bring them to North America all you have to do is stop past the recording device and destroy it , there's a reason they put red light cams on top of poles eh !

Just drive the speed limit.

Now you are asking to much...lol... I agree.. drive the spedlimit and not have anything to worry about.. I get a kick out of those who fly by me. I run 68 in a 65 and get passed every morning and evening by those who want to run 75mph plus.. "Allot of them are Military" then they all see a trooper and slam the brakes on to slow down even slower than the speed limit and I ride by with the cruise on.... Crazy...

I don't know why, at this point in time, why it matters when, how, where, etc something like that is deployed, if it's monitored by a human. After all we now have all sorts of "instant on" handheld, vehicular, and moving RADAR as well as LASER devices. I think the simple answer is it depends on the laws of your state whether it can be used for automated tickets.

That's precisely why I'm interested. Georgia recently outlaws traffic light camera tickets. I'm interested in finding out if something like this is: A: used in Georgia. B: falls under the same category as a ticket generated by a traffic light cam.

I really have no objection to their use for gathering data for research, but if they are used to issue traffic tickets that would be a concern.

Our children live in Florida, and some roads and bridges in Florida have tolls. We visit Florida often enough to justify purchasing a couple of "Sun Pass" transmitters. It allows us to travel nearly non-stop through out the state.

At one point the state of Florida decided that it can use point to point timing via Sun Pass to issue speeding tickets. Luckily, that got squashed nearly as quickly as it got started.

Now you are asking to much...lol... I agree.. drive the spedlimit and not have anything to worry about.. I get a kick out of those who fly by me. I run 68 in a 65 and get passed every morning and evening by those who want to run 75mph plus.. "Allot of them are Military" then they all see a trooper and slam the brakes on to slow down even slower than the speed limit and I ride by with the cruise on.... Crazy...

The interstate speed limit around here is 70MPH. Going through town it's 60. In areas that are marked 70MPH, I drive between 75 and 79 mph. I've gone through countless speed traps, and have never once been stop, even at 79 MPH. What's more, I'm never the fastest moving vehicle around.

Depends on where you're at. Get into some highly congested areas and running the speed limit can turn you into a speed bump.

If you run the Masspike there are areas where the cops will let you roll at 80-90 mph as most of traffic is doing that. If you run 65mph then you're becoming a traffic hazard as you're stacking traffic up for miles.

The last few road trips I've taken, I noticed my radar detector went off pretty hard, right before a construction zone. No police presence.

Must be an automated gun to call attention to the construction and maybe wake people up if necessary.

some use black spray paint on a telescoping pole (I've heard) spray paint and pole 1/4 price of ticket (I've heard).

last time i was in the Netherlands that had something called "trajectory control"
a camera would scan your license plate pulling onto the free way and timestamp it
then there would be a second scanner several miles down the road and it would calculate your AVERAGE SPEED between the two points
if you were speeding a few weeks later a notice will arrive in the mail

Might have to get you one of these Mitsubishi Starions (a.k.a Conquest)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8qAkUA8ZF0"]Mitsubishi Starion - The Cannonball Run 2 [03] - YouTube[/ame]

The last few road trips I've taken, I noticed my radar detector went off pretty hard, right before a construction zone. No police presence.

Must be an automated gun to call attention to the construction and maybe wake people up if necessary.

No, they hide radar decoys on some of the signs (usually the ones with the message boards) to set off your detector and get you to question it. Then once in a while a real cop is there to nab you...

I've seen this in PA and OH...

I can tell as my detector picks them up and then right after I pass them, my signal drops.

The only two things I have heard (read) about those radar units is that they ARE using them in some states, and they are much more accurate about which vehicle is speeding.

-
Back