New product for retired racers.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
@Rat Bastid got me to thinking today and I went searching for something to help them out. I contacted an old Hurst company employee to see if he had any old stock of Hurst T- handle four speed shifters that we could mount on these chairs. Gone Fishing signs are available too.

52F1593A-5B60-4D61-AC11-C18F460DC219.jpeg

@Rat Bastid got me to thinking today and I went searching for something to help them out. I contacted an old Hurst company employee to see if he had any old stock of Hurst T- handle four speed shifters that we could mount on these chairs. Gone Fishing signs are available too.

View attachment 1716079189
:rofl: :rofl::rofl:
Provide your own beer and rod holder.

I'd like one with an umbrella and fan, it gets hot watching others race.
I heard Tim's loading up the trailer and heading east.

View attachment 1716079189

If it came down to fishing or driving your PG car, I’d take the former.

It takes the same talent to run a pop up toaster as it does a PG car. Especially a bracket car.

If it wasn’t for no prep Racing the sport would be in worse shape than it is. Very few people go to see dot 90 racing let alone a handicap bracket race.

Of course, it’s because they are stupid and just can’t understand it.

That thinking is the height of arrogance.

PROOF!! The older guys get, the more efficient they become lol.

If it came down to fishing or driving your PG car, I’d take the former.

It takes the same talent to run a pop up toaster as it does a PG car. Especially a bracket car.

If it wasn’t for no prep Racing the sport would be in worse shape than it is. Very few people go to see dot 90 racing let alone a handicap bracket race.

Of course, it’s because they are stupid and just can’t understand it.

That thinking is the height of arrogance.

Bracket racing has taken the spectator out of the stands and put him behind the wheel of a race car. Those not up to the competition are better off selling their race cars or softening it up for use as a daily driver. I hear car shows and cruises are really exciting places to spend some time. I’ve been asked if I could add a special W2 addition to my fishing seats but since that project is over 50 years old and heavy the seat frames can’t support both that weight and the fisherman too.

Bracket racing has taken the spectator out of the stands and put him behind the wheel of a race car. Those not up to the competition are better off selling their race cars or softening it up for use as a daily driver. I hear car shows and cruises are really exciting places to spend some time. I’ve been asked if I could add a special W2 addition to my fishing seats but since that project is over 50 years old and heavy the seat frames can’t support both that weight and the fisherman too.
It would be terrible for you when the W2 chair is faster than yours and catches more fish too.

I’m hearing a lot of talk but not seeing much action.
didn't you have a 440 powered car that ran in the 8's.
Maybe it's time to get that 572 cranking.
It would be terrible for you when the W2 chair is faster than yours and catches more fish too.
That's a big maybe. John is at the point in life enjoying racing and not braking the bank to do it.
If he wanted to, he could break out the big gun.

That's a big maybe. John is at the point in life enjoying racing and not braking the bank to do it.

Don’t waste your breath. He lives in his own little world. I haven’t even seen a picture of his car yet and probably never will. They hide in darkness.

GOod for John, sounds like he planned for retirement well and managed to acquire lots of parts while he was still working, like alot of us are trying to do.

Don’t waste your breath. He lives in his own little world. I haven’t even seen a picture of his car yet and probably never will. They hide in darkness.
If you are going to crack a joke you really should be able to take one...
Car wise not much to see yet John, just a dart in process, you saw the beginnings of the 416 in the other thread if you cared to look.

GOod for John, sounds like he planned for retirement well and managed to acquire lots of parts while he was still working, like alot of us are trying to do.
Car wise not much to see yet John, just a dart in process, you saw the beginnings of the 416 in the other thread if you cared to look.
good luck with your Dart build, plan wisely :thumbsup:

You will never find many guys like me that can both pinch and catch jokes. In the mill if you couldn’t you became a target like you wouldn’t believe. Showering along with 17 other naked guys in a gang shower with 15 other naked guys waiting to get in was a riot. Lol. I must have missed your build as earlier today I went back to search out your W5 and Super Victor pictures. Tag me in it if you don’t mind.

You will never find many guys like me that can both pinch and catch jokes. In the mill if you couldn’t you became a target like you wouldn’t believe. Showering along with 17 other naked guys in a gang shower with 15 other naked guys waiting to get in was a riot. Lol. I must have missed your build as earlier today I went back to search out your W5 and Super Victor pictures. Tag me in it if you don’t mind.
Good, I can imagine. I spent quit a few years in the Navy and then the oilfield. I work with crews of lineman now. Will do.

You will never find many guys like me that can both pinch and catch jokes.

OK, real men drive 4-speeds! : ) That would be me if I can ever get my car painted and back together. Planning to run W2 heads (OMG) with the Hemi 18 spline 4-speed transmission with Soft-Lok clutch on stroked R3 block. I ran this before but not with W2 heads. Crazy guys like me are still out there.

OK, real men drive 4-speeds! : ) That would be me if I can ever get my car painted and back together. Planning to run W2 heads (OMG) with the Hemi 18 spline 4-speed transmission with Soft-Lok clutch on stroked R3 block. I ran this before but not with W2 heads. Crazy guys like me are still out there.
Should be a riot!

I cant figure out how to tag.

20230414_122424.jpg

20230414_122448.jpg

20230414_122454.jpg

-
Back