New Project: 1968 Dart Build Thread

-
Also, passenger side sail panel was a lot easier since I was able to roll down the quarter glass. Driver side I cant get the window down. The panel itself seems to bow in and out, but the glass isn't moving. I didn't want to put any more pressure once i noticed that. A rudimentary look appears that everything is matching the passenger side which rolls down fine. I sprayed the regulator down with some WD40 before bed to see if whatever is froze up will unfreeze. Any thoughts?

Also, since it seems to be often debated: It is 100% possible (and easy) to pull the dash with the windshield glass in. I had a much easier time wiring the Duster up with the dash out, so I wanted to take the same approach with the Dart. The Duster project had Lexan, so that was easy enough to pop out. This time I zipped the fasteners off with the dremel, applied a little pressure with a screw driver, and the dash tipped forward and out with very little effort. Worth the 10 minutes to simplify priming, paint and pre-wiring before the re-install.

Thinking I will pull the 383, maybe this weekend, to get the engine bay cleaned up and running wires easier. EFI tank from tanks inc. with pump and sending unit are ordered up- so now I need to pic a direction for the top end. I'm torn between selling the tunnel ram and dual quads to offset a Performer RPM, the sniper system and a US body hood for it... or I could keep the tunnel ram, do the sniper 2x4 setup and just pie-cut the flat hood. Net cost would be about the same...

Not going to lie, I do smile when I walk into the garage and see the tunnel ram and butterflies... I just don't know about running one on a primarily street car. PS: Girlfriend likes it too.

View attachment 1715798022

Just a thought, but if you already have the tunnel ram seems like the dual Snipers would be the cool way to go. Seems like the EFI should keep it drivable? I know of people that have run dual 4bbl's on a tunnel ram and driven it daily, but that doesn't mean it works for everyone. But with the EFI seems like it could be made to work?

The TR is just cool. If it was me, I would try and make it work and keep it.

Just a thought, but if you already have the tunnel ram seems like the dual Snipers would be the cool way to go. Seems like the EFI should keep it drivable? I know of people that have run dual 4bbl's on a tunnel ram and driven it daily, but that doesn't mean it works for everyone. But with the EFI seems like it could be made to work?

The TR is just cool. If it was me, I would try and make it work and keep it.

Thanks for the input. That's the direction I am leaning too. If I had a GTS hood, I would consider keeping everything underneath, but I wouldn't mind trimming the flat hood to clear it. If any users have run the dual snipers on a mild build, I would love some feedback. I know Fitech has a dual setup for up to 675hp (which I don't have) and the sniper is rated up to 1200hp (which I definitely don't have!) I just dont know about running a fuel system that could feed 3 of my 383s :lol:

I remembered seeing a member with dual TB EFI on a TR and had to go look for him - @DJVCUDA is his screen name.

Here is a thread asking about small blocks with a TR on the street, but might be helpful? Anybody running a 360 tunnel ram on the street?

Thanks! Good read. Sounds like his combo is a little more mild than mine will be and he wasn't having any problems with 2000CFM of throttle body.

-
Back