new QA1 K Frame

-
Well garyfish, how did the install finally turn out? What did you wind up doing about the tube at the front where the bolt goes through? I just bought a QA1 k member and lower control arms, hope to be installing them soon. BTW, I noticed magnum force uses the spherical rod ends, and I was looking at their mounting system in front and as far as I can tell it looks like a piece of bar stock with a hole drilled in the middle. A very nice k member conversion, but it's $3650. I like the idea of being able to use some of the parts I already have.

Well garyfish, how did the install finally turn out? What did you wind up doing about the tube at the front where the bolt goes through? I just bought a QA1 k member and lower control arms, hope to be installing them soon. BTW, I noticed magnum force uses the spherical rod ends, and I was looking at their mounting system in front and as far as I can tell it looks like a piece of bar stock with a hole drilled in the middle. A very nice k member conversion, but it's $3650. I like the idea of being able to use some of the parts I already have.
I don't know exactly why my reply didn't show up here, but I'll try again. I didn't really have time to fix the issue before the weather rolled in, but I did have time to better look at it, and make a list of things that might be addressed. In the mean time, I meet a guy named Rich Klein who owns a autobody shop. He has the ability to pull frames there. So were going to square everything up.
But even he says, once it's all torqued down, and tight, there's no guarantee things won't shift around under hard driving. Which is something I was thinking too. ( a few months back.) So we're going to try to address that to the best of our ability, and hopefully come up with a good fix. In the meantime, the body has a few minor quirks that I want to change, and fix, so some of those parts, are at the body shop being modded, until the weather breaks, and than we'll get back to the frame.

Attachments

• 1620842_673099109419931_2019529923_n.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 419
Snow works great for modeling how different hood scoops will look on your car. My Dart got a nice Roots blower a couple years ago.

I met a guy at the Barona Drags. Old School Mopar guy that makes his own Tubular K Frame with a Pinto Rack that keeps the Torsion Bars in place. A few years ago he was selling them to Summit 80 at a time. They then put in an order for 900 of them and he stepped away from it, he was heavily involved in the Racing Circuit at the time. Right now he is re designing it to accept the Mustang 2 Spindle. I got all of his info and told him I will buy 1 asap from him when it is all done….. Couple months I should have one in my possession. He does have the standard one that accepts all of the Mopar stuff but I am going to wait for the new style. Good thing is he lives only 40 miles from me.

....... A few years ago he was selling them to Summit 80 at a time...........
Yeah,....that's right. I think I remember seeing them in the Summit book....right next to the $299 re-pop Sharktooth grilles.

Good one!

They aren't cheap if that's what your saying. The K itself is $1700.00 It's not a repop of anyone's stuff. There also are no bent cut or twisted ball joints reworked that attach to the rack for steering. Geometry is spot on. Quality stuff & done right. I'll get some pictures at some point.

Snow works great for modeling how different hood scoops will look on your car. My Dart got a nice Roots blower a couple years ago.
I don't see driving this thing soon, so the project is on ice. But settling the new springs in is a cinch.

-
Back