New Thread-to Be Or Not To Be?

Should you keep/restore your classic to original?

• Yes; keep it original! These classics are fast disappearing.

Votes: 28 18.3%
  • No; Do whatever floats your boat!

Votes: 117 76.5%
  • Undecided; can't make up my mind!

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • No opinion; could care less!

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters
-
Custom baby... if I had the cash, my car would have a holodeck in the trunk....well almost. My style is a little more like tough classy and slightly simple.

My style is a little more like tough classy and slightly simple.

Low-key is what I like. Functional instrumentation, controls within reach, brakes that work well, tire sizes orientated towards handling. I like painted steels and dog dish caps, solid color schemes and dark colors. Stealth baby.

I have a '66 Valiant 200 , 3 on the tree,4 door powder blue.

The only thing that I have changed since I got her was the wires, points and plugs, the brakes, new tires, wiper blades and the oil. She has only 44K original miles, and the original seats. I drive her to work everyday and she's a gem and her name is Hester.

I know a lot of you all out there dress up and polish your babies and that's fine with me. I shine mine up too. I just prefer to keep it simple.
Nothing on her that says " Henco en Chin" 8)

I prefer pro street cars because they put the honda civic ricer kids to shame :wave:

I think if ya got like a Charger 500 or an AAR Cuda or something like THAT, they should be kept stock.

I think any stock muscle car will but 99% of the Hondas out there to shame.

I like mine to be somewhat custom but mostly original. But as said its your car and money so you should build it to suit you. Good luck with your build

Like the rest say, do what you like. 72's didnt have 70 scoops, but mine does. came with an original /6 with 50,000 miles, i dont care, building a teen. and on and on
Do what you want, if you want a orig resto, do it. if you want to rod it, do it. I like going to shows and seeing both. "look at the detail they did in the resto" "thats a beautiful car" Then walk down to the guy with the completely custom done how he wanted and say the same thing. (but its usally followed by, that is Bad ***).lol

Well so far the numbers show overwhelming support for goin' it your own way. I actually would've expected a higher showing from the purists, but numbers don't lie. If you haven't voted on this issue yet, please do. Enquiring minds want to know........

I say its yours do as you want. Dont make yourself unhappy because of what the purists want. Now I could understand if it was a "special" car, say like a 1 0f 40 ever built or even a 1 0f 1 ordered with this/that option. But if your like me & have a everyday run-of the-mill car, do as you feel!!

Do whatever floats your boat.

I like to put personal character into my project so I have something nobody else has.
cuda13-1.jpg

My exact answer would have been "No; Do whatever floats your boat!" But you already worder it that way, so I just did a cut and paste.

Whenever this topic comes up, I always say that whoevers name is on the pink slip, gets to do whatever the hell they want.

He pulled the pipes for headers and did several other things BUT he put every part in the garage for later to return it to it's stock build.
He raced the car and ran it on the street for several years ( 5 or 6 ) I think. Then he put it all back stock and sold it. Bought a new Vette with the money. He took a chance on ruining the value but it paid off in the long run.
If you have a numbers matching car that is worth something, protect your investment but have fun. That is what it was built for. If you have a plain jane, just have fun with it. Your not likely to blow an investment for the future ( but be assured, it will cost you for the fun ).
You will never satisfy everyone, so satisfy yourself.

-
Back