New to FABO

-

ham_r_down01

Is Freak Nasty
Reaction score
Hi my name is BIll and im new to this site. I like that there is very useful information on here. Hopefully i can contribute too. I have a 69 Dart that i bought about 10 years ago and has been sitting in the barn. It only took 9 years to replace the floor boards lol... as i am not a body man or anything remotely resembleing one. I am good with transmissions and engines since most of my toys have been 4x4 sand dune trucks. Now the time has come to work on the Dart as im tired os seeing it sit. I got it in Colorado when i was in 11th grade in high school, it needed a trans $800. My dad drove for Reliable Carriers so we hauled it home to Michigan. I swapped the trans out one weekend but the motor knocked so bad after it warmed up i parked it. Enter senior year of school. Let your auto shop teacher talk you into everything... he is an a body freak so lets pull the motor and trans fix the floor boards and build a 360 for it. Things went as planned till i graduated...why it has been neglected so long. 8 years later. the rebuilt 904 is in, a and a valve body. I SCORED a complete standard bore fresh re-ring 340 for it. Now im just tying up some loose ends and working on putting my 8 3/4 together. i bought an a body housing about 6 years ago. Ill try to figure how to put some pics up one of these days. until then, Nice to meet everyone!
:supz:

Welcome aboard Bill! You've found the perfect site to get you motivated to finish up that car ... there's nothing but inspiration here: Beautiful rides to drool over (we call it car ****), wonderful people willing to share not only what they know but what they've got laying around, and the best tech advice out there. The only drawback is it's so cool that you spend more time on the site than actually working on the car ................... :-D

I do have a problem with your chosen avatar, but only because I'm an animal lover who can hear the "puree" button getting touched just by looking at the picture. It's almost as bad as the infamous one of those two girls playing tonsil hockey.

Seriously, it's great to have you here! There's a few threads with assistance on posting pictures ... try out the 'search' key at the top of the page and you should find exactly what you're looking for. Trust me, with the word "barn" in your post, they won't let you sit here long without buggin you for pictures of that Dart. LOL

CudaChicks right! If this site can't inspire you to get on that neglected A-bod, then nothing will.

Welcome aboard.

Grant

Welcome aboard. After <1 week as a new member, I am already in touch with great people who are getting me parts I thought would either be grievously expensive or nearly non-existent. 8)

If only I was working full time, I would have spent even more...:snakeman:

Hi my name is BIll and im new to this site. I like that there is very useful information on here. Hopefully i can contribute too. I have a 69 Dart that i bought about 10 years ago and has been sitting in the barn. It only took 9 years to replace the floor boards lol... as i am not a body man or anything remotely resembleing one. I am good with transmissions and engines since most of my toys have been 4x4 sand dune trucks. Now the time has come to work on the Dart as im tired os seeing it sit. I got it in Colorado when i was in 11th grade in high school, it needed a trans $800. My dad drove for Reliable Carriers so we hauled it home to Michigan. I swapped the trans out one weekend but the motor knocked so bad after it warmed up i parked it. Enter senior year of school. Let your auto shop teacher talk you into everything... he is an a body freak so lets pull the motor and trans fix the floor boards and build a 360 for it. Things went as planned till i graduated...why it has been neglected so long. 8 years later. the rebuilt 904 is in, a and a valve body. I SCORED a complete standard bore fresh re-ring 340 for it. Now im just tying up some loose ends and working on putting my 8 3/4 together. i bought an a body housing about 6 years ago. Ill try to figure how to put some pics up one of these days. until then, Nice to meet everyone!
:supz:

Welcome!

75-86.jpg

75-87.jpg

Welcome to FABO,the best damn site on the net.Please don't push the button on that blender.8)

Welcome aboard Bill! You've found the perfect site to get you motivated to finish up that car ... there's nothing but inspiration here: Beautiful rides to drool over (we call it car ****), wonderful people willing to share not only what they know but what they've got laying around, and the best tech advice out there. The only drawback is it's so cool that you spend more time on the site than actually working on the car ................... :-D

I do have a problem with your chosen avatar, but only because I'm an animal lover who can hear the "puree" button getting touched just by looking at the picture. It's almost as bad as the infamous one of those two girls playing tonsil hockey.

Seriously, it's great to have you here! There's a few threads with assistance on posting pictures ... try out the 'search' key at the top of the page and you should find exactly what you're looking for. Trust me, with the word "barn" in your post, they won't let you sit here long without buggin you for pictures of that Dart. LOL

Welcome to the A-body addiction site. Now what's the story on the tonsil hockey?

Welcome to FABO, Bill. You will have fun here!
I'm also in the middle of 'build mode' on a '69 Dart.
Like others have said, we need pics 'cause :worthles:

I need a little better weather it is snowed in right now. lol plus my broken plow truck is in front of it.

-
Back