New to Mopar

-

GTGrinly

Reaction score
Hi folks.....Grinly here....former Chevy guy, but please don't hold that against me...fastest thing I ever owned was a 70 AMX, 11.7 1/4's stock...that was in 72. Since I've done a stint in the air Force, raised 2 kids, got 2 grandsons now went go kart racing, stock car racing.. now it's the old guys turn...picked up a 65 Dart GT vert, my first Mopar. Drug it out of the shed it had been sitting in since '86...doesn't run and been flooded but it's all there and bodywise not all that bad. Found this site a month or so ago and have been a "lurker" i guess. Seems to be THE place to be if your gonna do anything to an A. I've got big plans and you folks seem to have the answers to save me some busted knuckles and wasted money. Enough ramblin', glad to be here!

Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy :thumblef:

pic4.JPG

Welcome to the site Grinly. You're right about there being plenty of answers here. I'm sure that someone here will be able to help you with nearly any question or problem you have as you begin your project just because they've been there done that. Good luck with the project and keep us posted.

welcome.gif
glad you found this great site. Post a pic of your car when yopu get a chance. We love to see them come together. I too have a 65 Dart Vert, but not a GT. I will be looking forward to seeing progress on yours, as I do mine too.

welcome to Mopars!
and welcome to the forums. Great stuff, knowledge, and fun!

-RPM

Grinly! Welcome aboard. Best of luck having fun with the car.

Welcome to the club. I haven't been here too long myself but I have already gained alot of valuable information.

Grinly,

I recently joined too, and will attest to the body of knowledge that exists within. I've posted several questions, and the number of really good and helpful responses has been amazing. If you can't find the answer for an "A Body" question here, it probably can be answered.

And good luck with the Dart. I personally have an old "family heirloom" 1965 Barracuda, but growing up (when it was Dad's main ride), my Uncle had a 65 Dart with a 273 Commando V8. Lots of the parts are interchangeable.

Welcome to the light Grinly. Site is full of great guys and even some decent jokes.

My motto is, Anybody can do a Chebby but it takes attitude to do a Mopar. :thumblef:

-
Back