new to site , but not to mopars

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
hey guys, i am just starting on this site, cause i have hit a point in my life to stop working on a project ( my dd awd turbo eclipse) that is a everyday experience. so i decided to look for a 1970-1972 340 duster.a day after starting the search, i find a 71 340 car on craigslist for cheap. the vin is vs29h1b3559928. it has the 8 3/4, 340 k-frame still in it. 3;91 posi in a 742 case,................ it is basically a roller with no engine , trans, interior or wiring harness. it was a drag car, but has not been hacked up. the outside of the car is very straight, but in need of some little body work. no dents, or loads of bondo in the car. however, the floors need work and the trunk floor was cut out to install a fuel cell and pump.
it is a manual car, but can't determine whether it was a 3 or 4 speed car. the guy i bough it from says that it was originally a 340-4 speed. but who is to say? the interior is long gone when it was converted to a race car. and there is no fender tag. just a portion of the screw area is left of what rotted off.
anyway, i have been drooling to buy another duster since the last one i had i wrecked while trying to show off for people,, and sold it. it has been like 5 years since i let my baby go. it was a true 70 340-4 speed with build sheet, and fender tag. i have also had a 1970 rubber bumper barracuda, a few darts and tons of trucks. so i will be posting pics this week when i get it back to my house

Welcome to the site. The H in the vin says you got your self a 340 car. If it has a D21 code before the vin on the fender tag and tourqe boxes it is a 4 speed car. Good luck with your build.

Welcome again! Hey, How many Dusters do you have? Didn't you just buy that 1970 340 4 speed Lemon Twist? No FAIR!! lol... :burnout:

thanks to all. i only have the 71 340 car but, i already paid for the 340-4-speed that i bought off of here, i just am preparing to get it shipped from nebraska. i actually listed the drag car for sale on here, and plan on restoring the lemontwist

Welcome and it's nice to see ya enjoying this great site

Welcome! & Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!8)

75-86.jpg

75-87.jpg

-
Back