New to the A body world from San Diego

-

Winchester_Black

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just picked up a car I have wanted for a long time, a 1972 Dart Custom 4 door. Planning to build a clean cruiser for car shows and the beach. My daily driver is an ‘09 Hemi Challenger with a TR6060 manual transmission, so I’m not looking to build anything too wild.
Starting with a running driving slant 6/ 904 car with factory AC zero rust.. any suggestions greatly appreciated.

IMG_2869.jpeg

When you get ready to build a strong small block look up Cogswell Motorsports. They’re in Chula Vista off the 5. Mitch is a great machinist and is a small block Chrysler expert. He’s an excellent head porter as well. Flow bench and dyno.
I have some contacts there in SD if you’re ever looking for something in particular. I moved about a year ago.

Welcome to FABO! You've come to the right place to get info and suggestions on your build. I would start with making it a running driving car. Make sure that your brakes and suspension are up to task as well your tune up and cooling system. Check all of the fluids, belts, hoses, wipers etc, then drive it. It'll tell you what needs to be fixed or upgraded.

I would think about some different wheels and tires. Nothing drastic, but rallye or cop car wheels look great with a little wider tire. Good luck!

Welcome from Texas, as stated there is a multitude of knowledge here. Good luck with your build.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and for all of the suggestions. Will probably start with BrianT’s advice and just get all of the car’s systems serviced and functional. It seems to run and drive fine for now, but I will probably eventually look into a carb upgrade, and possibly a front disc brake conversion and master cylinder/ booster upgrade.

-
Back