New to the forum and my barn find barracuda

-

Racerex1

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Was looking around for info and found this forum, lots of info here so far. I found this car literally in a barn. Off the road since the 80's. I am in the process of tearing it apart. It's a fairly solid car though... especially for Illinois.

Photo-0092 (Medium).jpg

Great find and let me be the first to welcome you to FABO! Keep the pics coming as you proceed with your newfound project.

dang what a find.hope you enjoy it. if not i,d show it some love lol. welcome,looking forward to helping.

Wow man, awesome find!!!!!

And green too, what are the chances? LOL.

I'l bet you haven't slept all nite since the day you dragged it home.

I got mine from a barn as well, and yep it was green and covered in years of dust.

Best of luck with the car and keep us updated.

Do have any more specs and info on the drivetrain and options?

It has a 440 and a 727. It's a 69. 3.91 suregrip,150 speedo, white seats with the console with green on the metal parts of the interior and black dash pad, headliner, and capet. I am thinking of changing the outside color to silver. The f5 green is just bad. Maybe ok for an army jeep.:toothy10: This is my first A-body. The picture is after I hit the carwash. You couldn't hardly tell what it was.

Looks like some nice solid iron there..........musta been a nice barn!

Great find.........and this IS a great site.........Keep us posted on your progress!

actually is was a lean too. It was covered with tarps.

Welcome!! Very nice find, sounds and looks like a great starting point for a build. Its going to be fun watching you bring that baby back to its former glory!! Enjoy the site and keep the update pics coming!

A new member who posts pics? You are our kinda guy Racer. Welcome aboard, and we are hoping to see lots of progress pics on that great Cuda. This was mine right out of the barn in 2001

swinger2 (Small).jpg

Yea I am not new to forums.8) I have been on quite a few with my other builds. I can say ...never an a-body. I may have to keep this one. That is my 68 GTX That's my baby. The fish will look good sitting next to it in the shop.

shop pics 025 (Large).jpg

Welcome to FABO! Sweet GTX and the baracuda is a GREAT FIND AS WELL!
Keep us posted on the progress, i think we are all hooked are car ****.
Matt

Sweet GTX and the baracuda, I can't wait to see you in the restoration
thread, You are right there is allot of great tec's here and some real good folks too.
Jump on in and enjoy.

welcome, great find, love the GTX, good luck on the build keep us posted

Thanks guys for the kind words. I started a thread over in the restoration section. I have added more pictures of the resto process. I just hope it turns out as nice as the GTX. I know it will be faster, Lots faster. The 440 in the gtx is bone stock with 60,000 miles on it.

-
Back