New to the Mopar world.

-

bmxican

Mopar Aficionado
Reaction score
Hello people, how are you?
I am a car hobbyist who lives in sunny southern california. I have always wanted a mopar, ever since my dad got rid of his old Roadrunner's years ago.
So I finally found a car and bought it. Should have it in 2 to 3 weeks.

Here is a link to the vehicle:
http://www.prideautoplaza.com/67_barracuda.htm

I did my research and it seems that this vehicle is a mid year 66/67. I just wanted to hear what recommendations to do with this vehicle.

Restore it?
Throw a big block in it?
Thanks for the input! =P~

Welcome, Cool ride! That car would make a cool street machine, I would put a small block 340 or 360 stroker!

welcome! to mopars and to mopar a bodies! good candidate for either a stroked small block or a big block. your choice.once you get it, you'll figure it out.

looks like that is going to a lot of fun and work, I would say since it needs paint I would throw a healthy small block in and straiten her out.

Welcome to FABO!
If you have a spare Sunday, come on out to our club show, Mopars @ CSDR, this coming Sunday at California School For The Deaf in Riverside, CA. We're expecting 150 of the finest Mopars in SoCal. We'll also have our 2008 Raffle giveaway car on display and will be selling raffle tickets ($5 donation each). Check it out on our club website www.inlandmoparscarclub.com. Sweet ride: '68 Valiant, 400cid big block, 727, RMS Alterktion front suspension and Street Lynx 4-link rear suspension, custom paint, all new Legendary interior installed by Ron Mangus, and too much else to list here. PM me if you can't make the show and want raffle tickets. I'll send you contact information so you can buy raffle tickets direct from me.
Hope to see you at the show on Sunday! Oh yeah, pancake breakfast on Sunday at the school too.

Ken (ocdart)
VP Inland Mopars Car Club

We Found These In Someones Back Yard Last Year On The Was The The Drag Races...

PICT0766.jpg

PICT0767.jpg

I was thinking of a 440. I saw one bored over.40 I believe with a crank, heads, pistons, rods, for 1000. I think it's a good deal considering everything is new.
That photo is sweet.
Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated.

Welcome to FABO. Nice starting point. Let us know how it goes with Lots of pics of the progress. I see you have the performance indicator. You can get a tach to put in it's place. It is nice to have it in front of you.

Thank you, I can't wait to get it. Should ship in the next few days. YAY!

Welcome,

I like that red interior, a big plus.

I hate to be the only one to say this, but that car is so cool, I'd probably keep it stock with that slant-6 and have a nice cruiser.

But here's a couple before/after shots of mine from the day I picked it up to today.

1stdaycuda1.jpg

34N04-7-1120-1-1.jpg

wheels29.jpg

cudadart8.jpg

This should give you a taste of what you can make happen with some imagination, too much time, and money.

That car is a beauty....
Is the Cuda I'm getting worth more restored to bone stock?
Or modified?
You can always modify it and then return it to bone stock if you keep the original parts, right?

Welcome,

I like that red interior, a big plus.

I hate to be the only one to say this, but that car is so cool, I'd probably keep it stock with that slant-6 and have a nice cruiser.

Make that two of us, I'm with Cudaspaz on this one. With gas pushing $4/gallon, I'd cruise that /6 till it dropped (probably around 2027). Maybe an Offenhauser 4bbl/split header combo to spice things up...

I :love7: red interiors, too!

Welcome..your wheels like like an excellant up coming project. (Nice year) Hope you enjoy. :cheers:

2052882_1.jpg

2052882_7.jpg

2052882_37.jpg

I figure the car will be worth more if I keep it original anyway, right?

You got your hands full right there, but looks like fun. I'd drive it around as is for a while and make sure you like it before you sink money into it. Make sure it's the right one to spend time and money on. Love the red interior too...the only way to go!

-
Back