New truck..Opinion's needed

-

Ptdartfreak

Mopar freak
Reaction score
Well here is the soon to be mine 1993 318 magnum dodge dakota.
It gets fresh paint next week. Macco special lol wont be great but it will do for the time being due to the limited amount of money i have.

What color combo would you do?

and what kind of hood would you do?

What would you do with it?

Tell me what you would do if it was your parts hauler.

thanks

chad

0630101649a.jpg

0630101650a.jpg

0630101650b.jpg

0630101709a.jpg

A nice b5 blue would look good. For $ reasons probly some cheesy lund stick on scoops but hey if done right they look good. New carb and intake and maybe headers. And most importand rhino line the bed if its gonna be a hauler. And some nice wheels. Like late model dodge durangos or 5 star aluminum rims.

If its gonna be your parts hauler, id suggest spray-in lining the bed and the floorboards. floorboards being optional cuz some yards can be mucky and who says work aint dirty.

the easiest...cheapest..would be to paint it back white. If not then you have to paint the jambs, under the hood...etc...to make it look right. The hood looks good to me.

I'd go Solid gloss jet black...and get some of those 5 spoke rims from a durango, and have'm powdercoated gloss black., with a polished lip...

spray-in bed liner, and some white paint, but keep the hood black. i'd also tint windows, and put a smaller carb on it (fuel milage)

I vote for 'work truck white' for the same reasons as TexasDart. Also, white does a good job of hiding less than perfect bodywork. On a bright summer day you'll go snowblind if the hood is really shiny, so the hood blackout is a good idea. Spray-in bedliner is a great upgrade. It did wonders for my Dakota, hiding all the scrapes, dents and scratches from the previous owner. Dakota R/T wheels look good on the earlier trucks (see Mopar Action's latest ongoing project.)

First - spray in liner. I've rolled-in some myself, that is a waste of $!! Most of those places can also spray your bumpers and rockers for a slight fee, good protection and looks great on a black truck. I also agree with the black paint and black wheels, but I'd powder the wheels you have. Once you get used to tinted windows they are hard to live without!

another thought, depending on your time vs money situation - paint it with rust-olium and a closed cell foam roller. I'm serious! I've done it on my 74 f-100 and it looks as good as most quickie paint shops for a lot less money. It takes a crazy amount of sanding and sanding and color-sanding and polishing, and a lot of time, about 2 weeks if you work on it every other afternoon, but when it is done it looks great and the results are totally in your hands,the harder you work, the better it looks. After you throw up in your mouth thinking about it, google"$98 paint job" and think about it.

Almond white pearle.

Boyd coddington 5 spoke wheels.

V-12 Viper motor with a 6 speed.

Tubbed rear with 22" tires.

Ultra black tinted windows.

That should get you started.

Paint it white with blacked out hood,steelie rims with dogdish caps and just drive it.Remember,this will be your dailydriver/parts runner.If you get to carried away,you,ll be taking fund$ away from your 67 build.:read2:

Go white and then black out the hood that is on it now, I kind of like the roll pan and exhaust on the back but if your going to ever pull a trailer with it, you will need your bumper back. Also take off all the v8 badging on it

Most importantly get the bumper sticker for your back window that says:
"MY OTHER CAR IS A _______________________"

MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!

lets please turn this into a resto thread because i will start here before and after pics of paint and a few other things

A nice b5 blue would look good. For $ reasons probly some cheesy lund stick on scoops but hey if done right they look good. New carb and intake and maybe headers. And most importand rhino line the bed if its gonna be a hauler. And some nice wheels. Like late model dodge durangos or 5 star aluminum rims.

Totally agree with the B5 blue or something like b7.

Slam it, shave it, cut it, weld it.

Ok, maybe not SLAM it. But I would give it a lower stance, shave the door handles, maybe a custom roll pan... Still spray in the bed liner. One cool parts hauler if you do it right. Mild mods. Kinda like this one... cept not red and maybe an inch or so higher ride height.

10086734_20075271131261.JPG

lol didnt realize it didnt have a rear bumper on it :p See!!! One step ahead already. The exhaust is cool in the back.

-
Back