New Victor340 intake from Jegs

-
You should flow it on a head like it is for the heck of it. For those OTTB guys!:eek:

You wouldn’t believe how close I came to ordering one of these today. Can you post up the picture of the mods you did to yours again.

Ok I called Edelbrock and talked to Heather and she sounds like a very nice lady. And icing on the cake she’s a Mopar lover. I gave her a link to our website so she may drop in. During our conversation I sent her pictures of this new intake and the bolt hole issues. She is going to bring attention to this and get back to me.

Guess you didn’t see my post earlier showing what to expect. Luckily the amount the gaskets needed to be moved to line up as well as bolt hole s elongated was equal on mine.
I did. Was waiting......
Please excuse the stupid question, but does that intake gasket match the cylinder head well?

Last edited:
You wouldn’t believe how close I came to ordering one of these today. Can you post up the picture of the mods you did to yours again.
The two Mr Gasket Ultra-Seal (5840) gaskets lined up on the flange using the bolt holes originally looked about the same as in your pictures.
On mine there is no way to line the dividers of the gaskets up equally for both flange sides without having gasket overhanging into a runner.
Striking as best a happy medium in my case I slid each gasket equally so the short walls of the inner runners pretty much lined up and then the divider walls somewhat lined up, still off though. And then I needed to elongate the bolt holes about .090”

So on for runners 3/5/4/6 I have gasket slightly overhanging their long side walls about .058” I didn’t grind in the dividers other than enlarging the corners to match and roughing up the finish.

Shown below after ported,the windows opened up with the gasket placed approximately where it would lay without the bolt holes being elongated and how much the gasket sticks into the port. And the drill bit represents where the original holes are.
As mentioned earlier, your pics are what I saw with mine OOTB

84520AF8-3E59-4161-973C-70F364EC2B50.jpeg

79414508-E852-4DE4-890E-6452007A2916.jpeg

EBB0AA94-36B4-4A2E-AABB-5160BCD0117D.jpeg

7004EEE1-EAB2-4094-AE0C-739F1CDB29D6.jpeg

Last edited:
I did. Was waiting......
Please excuse the stupid question, but does that intake gasket match the cylinder head well?
I use Mr Gasket Ultra-Seal and/or FelPro 1213 and never an issue on my TF’s (used on Action Plus on other heads, and MP SP, AG etc)

Last edited:
Maybe ill use my torker you all call door stops
seems when i searched the threads
they guys that buy them run 11s and loved the intake
as well as a few others
it had instanst response when i used it
also a stock 340 notch nothing more then a tm5 and 700 dp 13.1@104 bracket raced for years
how can they make chit so badly and sell it
thats a joke

Guess you didn’t see my post earlier showing what to expect. Luckily the amount the gaskets needed to be moved to line up as well as bolt hole s elongated was equal on mine.
The only problem with that is if the heads are port matched to the gaskets and you slot the bolt holes in the gasket so it matches the intake you still have a misalignment. If the heads are gasket matched the intake will have to be port matched too.

The only problem with that is if the heads are port matched to the gaskets and you slot the bolt holes in the gasket so it matches the intake you still have a misalignment. If the heads are gasket matched the intake will have to be port matched too.
Slot the holes in the gaskets? No. I guess I may have explained things in a confusing manner. Rereading my post yeah it is. There’s no cutting or moving the gasket obviously. Properly stated, the actual intakes bolt holes are elongated to be able to move it, in my case forward so it lines up with the gasket which lines up with the head ports. I’ve had a few intakes (gasket/port matched) on my TF heads and haven’t had any mismatch: roof, floor or sides. This is the only intake that needed the holes elongated in order to match up. I had a new Victor 340 I bought and ported late 2021 and it was fine, other than dinky ports. This newest casting is something entirely different.

Last edited:
I did. Was waiting......

Perfectly. I ported my heads to it and two sets of Edelbrock heads and a set of Speedmaster heads for customers.

5A57A02E-9E58-45C3-B0F3-CFB5DFCE3ED0.jpeg

09E508A8-B10E-4444-91B4-BFC0299A4806.jpeg

3BF703A6-B928-418F-9CCA-B3074133DFD7.jpeg

F0F4E533-CBA0-44D0-9D20-C0EB4D598617.jpeg

It doesn't seem like using the gasket as a pattern is a good idea. I'd think that the head ports would be better to use as a pattern, then checking the intake with the heads and make sure the intake gasket is good for both. Just my opinion, don't know how to actually do it. It'll be interesting to hear what Edelbrock says about their heads, intakes and gaskets. Thanks for the thread.

Last edited:
-
Back