New Vs Old....Darts

-

superdart

Shade Tree Tinker Gnome.....
Reaction score
A fellow car club member just bought a new Dart Limited as a daily driver. It's fully loaded and has the 1.4 Turbo with a 6 spd manual. He is a "spirited" driver and is still getting 34mpg city/hwy combined.

At our Toy Drive Car show I just had to park next to him. Surprisingly, the cars are roughly the same size, except mine is longer (all trunk and hood).

...or course, I have more than double the horsepower and less than half the fuel economy. :finga:

DARTS.jpg

DARTS2-1.jpg

it looks nothing like my 69. But last Friday. I almost picked one up for my wife. But I want to wait for the R/T or the srt. I really like the car.

Hey, be nice. It's just a little bit of extra sheet metal. :violent1:

Yeah, I'd at least wait for the R/T, unless you are REALLY looking for mileage. I'd give up a few MPG for the extra power and torque of the 2.4L

Mopar vs Alfa?

Attachments

• 689dart.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 400
A fellow car club member just bought a new Dart Limited as a daily driver. It's fully loaded and has the 1.4 Turbo with a 6 spd manual. He is a "spirited" driver and is still getting 34mpg city/hwy combined.

At our Toy Drive Car show I just had to park next to him. Surprisingly, the cars are roughly the same size, except mine is longer (all trunk and hood).

...or course, I have more than double the horsepower and less than half the fuel economy. :finga:

DARTS.jpg

DARTS2-1.jpg
the new darts look exactly like a kia optima. that's not a dart..... make no mistake about it.

I drove the Dart and it is a quick little ride but for the money
and more room we elected to with the Avenger

I look at it like an A body Charger, when I get to see it my wife
is enjoying it, thus the name Casper :glasses7:

Attachments

• ThanksGiving Bass feast 016.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 388
  • ThanksGiving Bass feast 015.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 402

DARTS.jpg

DARTS2-1.jpg

Both of those cars Look great! Both of those DODGE DARTS I would love to own both of them, and I will have a new dart one day! With out support chrysler will fade away. :burnout:

My issue with the 2013 Dart is that they're heavy! IIRC, they're 3300lbs...this is pretty poor for a compact car these days where the industry is shifting to lighter materials and an emphasis on reducing mass (with good reason).

My Dart supposedly weighed 3040lbs when it rolled off the assembly line...and that's with a cast iron V8. Yeah, it's much less safe in a crash, doesn't have AC or power windows... but come on.. :rolleyes:

I think the new Dart is kind of cute....Do they make them for guys ?

?? they already did. they are fiat now.

Last time I checked it was CHRYSLER LLC not Fiat llc, so no they are not fiat now. The day they stop making, dodge and chryslers then you can sob and bi*** and complain, but until that day they are MOPAR through and through. No one was throwing stones when they were part owned my Diamler, and the hottest car out was the crossfire. But no for the first time in about 8 years they have a hot SRT line up and some of the best interiors since the 60s :violent1:

Oh by the way you should change your name to 71dartJOE seeing as you talk **** about anything after 72 abodys.

who owns over 50%? here is a hint, it isn't chrysler.

No one was throwing stones when they were part owned my Diamler

no, the mopar apologists were blind to the fact that chrysler was no longer an american car then. and the same people are blind to the fact that chrysler is no closer to an american car now that its a fiat. :) it was german junk then and its italian junk now. :)

yawn Surprised I was able to get that excited over it....

So Joe.....when are you going to trade that Convertible Stang in on the new "dart"?

AND AGAIN, what does that matter? Do you think they are going to kill off mopar and chrysler? Your post is usless.

what does it matter? seriously? it means its fiat not chrysler...they won't kill the name itself because idiots think its still means its the real chrysler. but again the name is all thats left. chrysler died a long long time ago..

what does it matter? seriously? it means its fiat not chrysler...they won't kill the name itself because idiots think its still means its the real chrysler. but again the name is all thats left. chrysler died a long long time ago..

Wrong again sir, idiots think they should still be building unreliable gas guzziling death traps like they did in the 70s. Your so right, why build reliable good looking gas savng cars? Man I tell you when I see a charger I think yup fiat, when I see a Jeep I think yup fiat, when I see all of these MOPAR edition cars I think yup FIAT! thats the most lame A** excuse ever, Fiat has saved chrysler from near fallout and has begun building the best cars we have seen for a long long time. Chryslers are still built here in Detroit and other states in the USA and untill they stop building them in america, Chrysler will always be Chrysler!

I think I am with Joe on this one. I love the old Mopars but the new Mustangs are by far the way to go if your getting a modern car. Dodge needs to jump on the tuning wagon with for and let us get into their computers.

I guess no one is entitled to there opinion anymore.....

Wrong again sir, idiots think they should still be building unreliable gas guzziling death traps like they did in the 70s. Your so right, why build reliable good looking gas savng cars? Man I tell you when I see a charger I think yup fiat, when I see a Jeep I think yup fiat, when I see all of these MOPAR edition cars I think yup FIAT! thats the most lame A** excuse ever, Fiat has saved chrysler from near fallout and has begun building the best cars we have seen for a long long time. Chryslers are still built here in Detroit and other states in the USA and untill they stop building them in america, Chrysler will always be Chrysler!

and your exactly the clown they are keeping the dodge name on their fiats for.

i see a charger and i think german junk with undersized brakes, front ends that wear out in under 30,000, plain old problem child. i see a challenger i think fat under powered mexican hemi powered built on a station wagon chassis hoopty. and since when is mexico or canada the USA?

and the Toyota camry (most american car out there by the way) is designed,built and exported from the usa whats your point?

-
Back