New Vs Old....Darts

-
ahhh.. mopar or no car.. i used to think that way when i was a kid. all my cars were were mopars.. old and new alike..

came to my senses when my new mopars were in the shop every stinking month and again the following week because it wasn't fixed right. no more new mopar/fiat stuff for me.. now we have one mopar old car and one ford old car. bought th emustang because i wanted a rag top with injection and OD. hell to find a mopar rag top its just nuts money wise for even a rust bucket. then ya have to put another 8 grand into it to get od and injection, then the body and paint it needs. screw that crap. not worth it to me. so many cool brand x old cars out there. just can't close my mind to mopars anymore. i want one of everything .. :)
you have your opinion i have mine i respect that

lol...

for me, i want a rag top so that leaves a challenger out completely. rented a v-6 rag top stang when we were in fla at the beginning of november.. damn that thing really moved for a 6cyl. top up and it was quite as a hard top. couldn't believe it..

IMG_1387.JPG

Hey Joe is that Clearwater beach?

yes. jamie was there for work. me and rylee went down on wed and met up with her. then drove to orlando to meet up with family..

ahhh.. mopar or no car.. i used to think that way when i was a kid. all my cars were were mopars.. old and new alike..

came to my senses when my new mopars were in the shop every stinking month and again the following week because it wasn't fixed right. no more new mopar/fiat stuff for me..

To each their own.... Mopars have always done right by me. :cheers:

rylee trick or treated at bight house field..

disney%202012%20027_small1.JPG

sunrise out our hotel room..:)

disney%202012%20035_small1.JPG

rylee on the beach. she had a good time..

IMG_1380_small1.JPG

she loved the playground there..

IMG_1358_small.JPG

IMG_1361_small1.JPG

disney%202012%20083_small1.JPG

A fellow car club member just bought a new Dart Limited as a daily driver. It's fully loaded and has the 1.4 Turbo with a 6 spd manual. He is a "spirited" driver and is still getting 34mpg city/hwy combined.

At our Toy Drive Car show I just had to park next to him. Surprisingly, the cars are roughly the same size, except mine is longer (all trunk and hood).

...or course, I have more than double the horsepower and less than half the fuel economy. :finga:

DARTS.jpg

DARTS2-1.jpg

So..... Did you guys race??

if it still gets great gas mileage and has good performance (relatively speaking) then who cares how heavy it is?
...it's like those people who complain about how heavy the new Challengers are, when those new Challengers would spank their cars in every way imaginable*.

*it's ok, I own a Stealth, so I'm sensitive about my (vehicle's) weight lol

LOL... at least the Stealth compensates with tech...and is still impressive all these years later! :cool:

The weight thing does matter, IMO. I was born into a Mopar family, have had my Dart since I was 17 (I'm 34 now) and while I REALLY wanted a Challenger R/T, I went with a 2011 Mustang GT instead. It killed me to do so but the ~500lbs of weight makes a giant difference in the driving experience. The Mustang is a total blast to drive but if the next Challener (or SRT Baracuda) is lighter, I'll probably trade it up.

Yeah, the new Dart sounds like a fun, efficient car but imagine how much better it would be with 10% less mass!

Attachments

• 123524d1352321332-what-mods-should-i-do-first-106162d1334061399-few-more-pics-after-boss-splitte.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 120
So..... Did you guys race??

Err...no. His Dart (as tested) is 2 seconds slower than my Avenger's 6.2 second 0-60. He'd have no hope at all against the '75. :D

But his car is MUCH quicker than the quad cab 4.7L Ram he just got rid of, so he is happy.

I like the new stangs, but I'm a Mopar guy first. If I was to drop coin on a modern V8 car, it'd be a Challenger or Charger...end of story. The 392s are sick, and I like the no-frills approach of the Super Bee.

2012-Dodge-Charger-SRT8-Super-Bee-Profile.jpg

No frills...look at the body kit and decals on that thing. That looks like something a power ranger would drive. Does the car have power windows and locks and AC and a CD playyer or GPS. That's were the new cars screw up. Give us a V8 option car with non of that heavy crap.

No frills...look at the body kit and decals on that thing. That looks like something a power ranger would drive. Does the car have power windows and locks and AC and a CD playyer or GPS. That's were the new cars screw up. Give us a V8 option car with non of that heavy crap.

I agree here. I'm a big fan of the SRT392 machines (though I have yet to drive one, honestly) but I wish you could get that drivetrain in a plain R/T looking wrapper. There's nothing wrong with the way the Charger looks without the help of decals and tupperware.

As for the weight, the LX cars are so heavy already that the body kit is probably insignificant. :D

Yeah, if I needed a sedan, the Charger would be at the top of the list. Cool machines all around.

Ran across this pic on facebook. Many may hate it, but I most say it looks totally badass IMO.

486986_289655917822422_1376214781_n.jpg

No frills...look at the body kit and decals on that thing. That looks like something a power ranger would drive. Does the car have power windows and locks and AC and a CD player or GPS. That's were the new cars screw up. Give us a V8 option car with non of that heavy crap.

My mistake....I didn't realize the old Super Bees weren't loud colored and obnoxious.

100_3133.jpg

100_3128.jpg

Oh yeah, that is SOOO low-key. :hello2:

Are you REALLY going to complain about power options? Show me any car these days that has manual windows and locks, or lacks AC or a CD player....that stuff is considered basic equipment these days (welcome to the 21st century). It's not like that stuff slows this car down...It's still the fastest/quickest production vehicle ever built by Mopar aside from a $100k Viper.

By no frills, I mean none of the fru-fru techno crap: No adaptive CC, 2-mode suspension, no leather, no moonroof, etc.

Oh...and it does 180 mph...it probably NEEDS that body kit.

I love the looks of the new Dart for an economy car. Yes the new LX Challenger/Chargers are nice cars and I did get my favorite in 2011. A new Challenger RT 6spd Black with red hood to fender stripes super track pack 3.92 gears loaded. I told myself in 2006 when I saw the new Challenger prototype at the Mopar Nats I would find a way to have one. Nice car but at 120mph you feel like you are doing 80. Big heavy car that people complimented daily. It was a matter of time and I was going to get in big trouble. My wife has a new Cadillac CTS and we would still take the Challenger on long trips (1200+ one weekend to Ottawa and back) even with my 6 year old son. Well it bored me compared to the Formula S. I since traded it in on a 2012 JK two door Jeep 6spd 3.73's with a minor lift and 35's and I am much happier (80mph feels like 120). I still think the new Chrysler has the best cars for sale but the old Mopars are where it is at!

Attachments

• 044.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Jk resize.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 105
-
Back