New Vs Old....Darts

-
I guess no one is entitled to there opinion anymore.....

lol.. these mopar apoligists get their panties in a bunch way too easy.,

the beak comment was a joke..

but the new dart comment is what it is.. its a fiat. actually a alfa. nothing chrysler about that car except the name. kinda ugly at that..

idiots think they should still be building unreliable gas guzziling death traps like they did in the 70s. Your so right, why build reliable good looking gas savng cars?

don't know what the hell your talking about here... hell they have needed a good on gas reliable car forever now.. and presonally i don't care that they used the dart name on an econo box. but lets call it what it is. and sure as hell isn't a chrysler.. its a alfa/fiat. are the engines even chrysler engines? i know it uses a Hyundai trans in a bunch of dart models.

Geez, I go to work for a few hours and people get all bent out of shape. :wack:

I'm not going to get in to the realities of a global commerce. Suffice to say I think it's better have Fiat and Sergio at the helm than , Dr. Z, Merciless-Benz and their coffer pillagers. Fiat is making a real effort to make Chrysler succeed, which is evident in the sales, product quality and workforce hiring. That is good enough for me.

Dart Note: My '75 lists at 3320 lbs but it was also listed as fully optioned (well, for a Dart) AC, P/S, P/B, 26" radiator, moon roof, so it had some heft.

I too thought about waiting for the Dart to come out so I could test one, but when I read the power plant options and performance, I just didn't see myself owning one. Ultimately I picked up a leftover 2011 Avenger Lux. It stickered out about the same as the Dart Limited ($26k) but I got a whole lot more car, for a lot less money. The Pentastar 3.6 kicks *** in a car this size. Both my Avenger and my Dakota, along with their engines, were made in Michigan...both have been excellent vehicles (Dakota has 101k on it).

DSC_0022.jpg

Dak2.jpg

AND AGAIN, what does that matter? Do you think they are going to kill off mopar and chrysler? Your post is usless.

Uh, Hello,...McFly,...They already killed It,....Corporate Chrysler just doesn't realize it yet,....the car looks like a Focus,...which looks loke a Kia,...which looks like a Rubu,...and on, and on, and on........

I'm with Joe on this one,....

After repeasted E-mails to Fiat,...er Chrysler LLC, (with standerd corporate responses),...they've already lost me as a tech and a longtime and loyal owner/ buyer,....

Toyota camry (most american car out there by the way) is designed,built and exported from the usa whats your point?

yea really Toyotas are more american than Fiats oooops I mean "Chrysler" They are built and exported from tennesee.
I mean look at the engine options for the dart they are all FIAT engines.

There really hasnt been a Chrysler since they went under in the 80s
And they have just ruined another good name just like the Challenger and Charger I mean WTF it has 4 doors! and some Ugly A scallops that are said to match the 68-70 chargers

I mean how does this New Charger look anything like a 68 Charger????

Attachments

• New Charger.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 171
  • Our 440 Auto 1968 Charger RT.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 202
My issue with the 2013 Dart is that they're heavy! IIRC, they're 3300lbs...this is pretty poor for a compact car these days where the industry is shifting to lighter materials and an emphasis on reducing mass (with good reason).

My Dart supposedly weighed 3040lbs when it rolled off the assembly line...and that's with a cast iron V8. Yeah, it's much less safe in a crash, doesn't have AC or power windows... but come on.. :rolleyes:
if it still gets great gas mileage and has good performance (relatively speaking) then who cares how heavy it is?
...it's like those people who complain about how heavy the new Challengers are, when those new Challengers would spank their cars in every way imaginable*.

*it's ok, I own a Stealth, so I'm sensitive about my (vehicle's) weight lol

not looking for arguments just stating a fact will it outrun a new 5.o stang probably not but wife has 12 mustang rides like a log wagon compared to challenger. all a personal preference.

well if it can't hang with a stang then its under powered..

challenger is a good over the road car. thats about it in my opinion. drove a srt 13 hours to sc for a friend.. very vice road car. but anything else its just ok.

**** i wouldn't want to be in a challenger back seat for more then 10 minutes either.. none of those cars stang, camaro or challenger have a back seat thats worth a ****.

yea niether are very comfortable but of the three I have riden in each and the challenger was most confortable.
If I had to get any of the 3 new classics (Challenger, Mustang,Camaro)
It would be between the Challenger and Mustang for me. The Camaro is one of the ugliest @$$ cars I have ever seen. Makes a K car look great

lol...

for me, i want a rag top so that leaves a challenger out completely. rented a v-6 rag top stang when we were in fla at the beginning of november.. damn that thing really moved for a 6cyl. top up and it was quite as a hard top. couldn't believe it..

IMG_1387.JPG

I like the new stangs, but I'm a Mopar guy first. If I was to drop coin on a modern V8 car, it'd be a Challenger or Charger...end of story. The 392s are sick, and I like the no-frills approach of the Super Bee.

2012-Dodge-Charger-SRT8-Super-Bee-Profile.jpg

ahhh.. mopar or no car.. i used to think that way when i was a kid. all my cars were were mopars.. old and new alike..

came to my senses when my new mopars were in the shop every stinking month and again the following week because it wasn't fixed right. no more new mopar/fiat stuff for me.. now we have one mopar old car and one ford old car. bought th emustang because i wanted a rag top with injection and OD. hell to find a mopar rag top its just nuts money wise for even a rust bucket. then ya have to put another 8 grand into it to get od and injection, then the body and paint it needs. screw that crap. not worth it to me. so many cool brand x old cars out there. just can't close my mind to mopars anymore. i want one of everything .. :)

-
Back