newbe just picked up a 65 dart gt covertable this week!!!

-

son7771

Reaction score
This Dart has been in the family fo many years my Dad got it from his brother when i was 8 or so but he sold it when i was 17 to a friend and that is who i purchased it from some 21 years latter!!! It looks a little ruff but is very solid except rear quarters and i will need to replace those but I am unable to find them repoped anywhere yet? I am picking up 4 brand new slots a guy had for 40 years that he bought new and never mounted them on his dart. Still in boxes with center caps and lugnuts!! I am also planning a 360 magnum swap out of a 99 dodge dakota with the fuel injection stuff. This car is for the wife so i dont want her to get stuck somewhere because she flooded or didnt let it warm up!!! I really dont want to have to get her!! LOL

Picture 133.jpg

Picture 141.jpg

WELCOME! You'll love it here.
Awesome car and it being a part of your family before is great.
That cara will eb hot with a Magnum engine.
Check out the early A-body discussion forum right here at FABO.
Rich

well i started the disassembly and found that the car is not too bad inside!! So i will be wire brushing and painting floors with por 15 on inside. Then it goes on a rotisary for the underside as well!! I am looking for the color it was but i cannot find the yellow in the few books our paint guy has. Dupont is the only one i found that goes back that far and the dont have the yellow. They do have a canary yellow for 66 but it is not close. I am going to put it back to factory in the interior and i found some front buckets but will need new covers. .

I got married so that put this project on hold but i did have a mopar wedding and included some pics of my charger and my brothers (best man) road runner as well as some of the dart so far

Attachments

• DSC03731.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC03735.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC03738.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 111
  • new.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC03674.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC03670.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 130
This Dart has been in the family fo many years my Dad got it from his brother when i was 8 or so but he sold it when i was 17 to a friend and that is who i purchased it from some 21 years latter!!! It looks a little ruff but is very solid except rear quarters and i will need to replace those but I am unable to find them repoped anywhere yet? I am picking up 4 brand new slots a guy had for 40 years that he bought new and never mounted them on his dart. Still in boxes with center caps and lugnuts!! I am also planning a 360 magnum swap out of a 99 dodge dakota with the fuel injection stuff. This car is for the wife so i dont want her to get stuck somewhere because she flooded or didnt let it warm up!!! I really dont want to have to get her!! LOL

Son7771! Nice looking Dart you got there! As a matter of fact do you own a piece of history!

Your Dart is one of the Dart go/go package cars that Dodge released in March 1965.

The special with this car was the yelleow paint and the stripes. All cars had the black interior. The wheels were standard Cragar S/S wheels in 13x6". with S/S center caps.

I'm running a register o the remaining Dartchargers and go/go package cars. Since 1989 your car is the third found until now. Included is the front cover on the broschure.

I'll shoot you a PM for more details. Good luck with your resto.

Attachments

• Moparbilder 023.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Moparbilder 024.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 105
A big welcome from another early A Body lover! The paint you have is code 881 and according to the Ditzler paint chip chart I have, is called "Yellow". My 65 GT convertible is also the same color with black interior and black top and was built April 2, 1965.

Wow that is some cool info on that go go dart!!! I did look to see if it was the charger but it is not as it dont have the emblems on the dash. But that stripe is factory on the car. The interior is all black so this may be a go go . As i was cleaning the inside i found the service book with warenty card and some reciepts from the origanal owners. It had the hi po in it but dads friend sold it so it is long gone now!! Too bad but mabey i will find one to put back in. If you could send that info and a copy of all that book i would be gratefull. Also the paint code if it a special color if you can thanks agian

I thought there was some special package with the stripe. I've seen two others done the same way. I have an originally white with black interior/black top 273ci 65 also. Yours looks to be in about the same shape as mine when I got it. Good luck, and if you go looking for parts let em know I may have already been down the same road.

Dave

-
Back