Newbie 70 Dart

-

Jimmy2Times

Reaction score
1st post on A body fourms, I have been deep into the archives here to find alot of important info and have been long over due on creating an account. Just wanted to stop in and say Hi, and sorry for my future questions as I am 31 and never owned a mopar.

My wife's father had this car since I was about 14 and I have always loved this car, long story short many years later I worked a deal out with him and received the car. Its been pretty difficult too source information that some of you rattle off as basic knowledge.

The car is a clone car. Had a 6 cylinder in it but somebody did a nice job with the transfer. Apparently it was a swap over from a wreck. Ran the engine number and and vin so far, and confirmed 340 not sure on heads 4 speed. I will try to get some better pics and videos up but I will be also creating a post in wheels and tires section as I need some help on the direction of going big bolt pattern. Thanks in advance for such a great forum

20170618_183638.jpg

20170618_183648.jpg

Welcome to the forum, nice car you have there along with the story behind it.
Feel free to ask questions on here, there are a lot of great people on the site willing to help.........

Awesome thanks for warm welcome everyone, Throw some pics up of the front brakes. This virus really sucks cause this was the first year was gonna dump some money on her, and know our shop is only paying 40 guarantees with no overtime. So I'm now watching my project money run threw my fingers like sand. One day.

Putting a new fuel pump in clean up the wiring, painting the calipers and master and get some pics underbody.

20191013_111906.jpg

20191013_111920.jpg

20191013_111854.jpg

This is from last year. Got a YouTube account hopefully I can try to document some future projects. Which really means post videos on stuff I have questions about :lol:

And yea spolier off the car now I know i know.

Welcome coming from Houston, TX area. Nice Dart, love the color and the hood scoops!

Welcome, I love the 70 Darts, used to have a couple of them. Sounds pretty sweet too. That split bumper Camaro looks like a nice ride too.

Welcome from Canada ! Sweet ride , it looks like it's really solid. My son(18) and i found this site/ members have been invaluable in helping us with his 70'. Enjoy!

Welcome, I love the 70 Darts, used to have a couple of them. Sounds pretty sweet too. That split bumper Camaro looks like a nice ride too.

Yea split bumper was also my wifes fathers now it belongs to his son. Was a 10 sec car before the 4.88 and the carb was changed out, wasn't very friendly on the street to hit car shows. Still a nice car.
Luckily the Dart means alot to my wife, the only car I've owned she won't even entertain talk about selling it so this will be a keeper!

Last edited:
Welcome from Canada ! Sweet ride , it looks like it's really solid. My son(18) and i found this site/ members have been invaluable in helping us with his 70'. Enjoy!

Thanks, when I got the car on the lift for the first time I was pretty impressed. Usually undercoat hides the bad but seems like my father-in-law knew what he had tried to preserve it and it worked. Plan on starting at the back of the car work my way to the engine. When I was younger I always went the opposite way learned my lesson.

It's not numbers matching so I feel like I can have fun with it but at the same time its too solid to cut up. I love the look of a tubbed 70 but this isn't the one. But bad street car is what I'll be going for.

BTW almost share a birthday. Happy early birthday bud I was checking out your profile pic for you sons car.

-
Back