Newbie from Texas

-
welcome. . . i am in friendswood . . . . the other side of houston from ya.

Also keep your ears open for a huge Mopar gathering in Austin in Sept or Oct. I'll post up details once they are set in stone.

Welcome. I am a former Chebby guy myself and I will never look back. My car started out as a 73 Swinger also. I swapped out the front clip for a 70-71. Lots of good info here.

well back when I was racing my Dakota (92 4cyl dakota swapped in a 318/727 combo, Ran 14's consistently) I came across 360 short block and had it sitting waiting to be built. Well I finally got all my stuff from my parents house to my house, and low and behold I ran the number... 360 isn't a 360, is indeed a 340, so its about to get hot tanked and assembled. lucked out on that one for sure!

Got the car ready for maiden voyage this weekend, when we realized we had a fuel delivery problem. Long story short ended up taking out the fuel pickup which was rusted and had a hole in it, so we dropped the tank. Now the floorboards and the trunk has little to no rust on it, however the tank was screwed! 1.5 inches of pure rust flakes on the bottom, so out with the tank and in with the fuel cell. Made its first trip to get inspected yesterday, some small probs but all will be resolved soon!

Hey streetdak,
Are you talking about the Lonestar Roundup? It's a cool cruise! We need all Mopars in the area to go and show them what real Hotrods are!

John B.

yeah thats the one, come to find out im working that weekend, so no go, and the show says its only for 63 and older... kinda a bummer! wish i could still go!

:cheers: Cypress huh? well that explains all the big pineys!!!

The Mopar tribes are alive and flourishing here in Texas.

$1300 for a driver? Man, I've seen guys spend twice that on a roller. You DID steal it!!

The gang's right. No need to go anywhere else for help. It's one-stop-shopping here. :read2:

This is true, i have 7-10 60ft pines all over my property, provides awesome shade, but makes me nervous during high winds lol

Yeah I got lucky, the seller isn't a mopar guy and is scared of the rust that is on the b pillars from former vinyl top, well im lucky enough to have a friend who's stepdad is a body guy, and allready told me he'll show me how to fix it. Car is gonna be street/strip so do i go back to origional copper color, or keep it blue/grey?? Im kinda leaning towards blue/grey

-
Back