Newer 904 trans for 65 Barracuda with 273

-

Bill Athas

Reaction score
I want to replace the original 904 trans with a newer non cable version and use a B&M or Hurst shifter. The drive shaft has been converted to a slip yoke. Which years would work?
Thanks

you may have to have a custom convertor built with a smaller pilot to fit into the lil' engine....not sure if a 66 tranny has the small pilot or not...hopefully someone on here will know.......
I want to replace the original 904 trans with a newer non cable version and use a B&M or Hurst shifter. The drive shaft has been converted to a slip yoke. Which years would work?
Thanks

dammit i lost the page but 65 was the last year before the new 66 cnanges to 904 tranny try to google 904 chrysler trans or chrysler 904 trans mission repair its a gr8 old teachers vidio from chrysler they used to teach there mechanics or techs wish i was closer i would take yours off your hands i put a B and M cable on mine you have to get the kit that mounts to your tranny thru them also but hope you find the vidio very interesting if i find it again i will pm you look for olman rick , cracked back , fishy , tony aar cuda or go to tranny tech and post it you"ll get a very good tranny man to help you

I recomend that you will get your crankshaft machined for the newer trans. 67-> has the biggger hump on the converter. I have a lock-up trans from 89 behind my 273 and its good.:D

Thanks

I recomend that you will get your crankshaft machined for the newer trans. 67-> has the biggger hump on the converter. I have a lock-up trans from 89 behind my 273 and its good.:D

x2.
You have to machine the crank for the 67 up trans. In my 63 Dart I have a 65 273 and a 76 904. The crank is machined to fit the converter. In my garage a B&M shifter waiting to mounted in the 66 up console. The rear end is a 69 8 3/4. And yes, I know it's a crazy mix of parts and model years.

x2.
You have to machine the crank for the 67 up trans. In my 63 Dart I have a 65 273 and a 76 904. The crank is machined to fit the converter. In my garage a B&M shifter waiting to mounted in the 66 up console. The rear end is a 69 8 3/4. And yes, I know it's a crazy mix of parts and model years.

62 Valiant, 66 front end with 71 disc brakes, chevy custom power brake booster, 64 273 with 71 318 heads, 89 904 lock-up with B&M Star shifter, 71 8 3/4 rear end converted with disc brakes from Toyota Avensis and Pegout 307 calipers. Crazy mix of parts?:D

Attachments

• bakaxel.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 184
-
Back