Newest 65 Dart Owner in So Cal!

-

MoparN8

Reaction score
I recently joined the site and so far i'm real impressed. I am a classic car rookie and just bought a 65 Dart GT. I has the 272 Charger, LA engine, 4 bbl with disc brakes, a/c, yellow on black and really is fun to drive. I'll be having fun restoring it (there are some rust spots under windshield rubber and in the trunk,etc.) and it will need a paint job soon. Having trouble finding a paint shop here in LA/OC/Riverside area. Any locals out there know a good paint/body shop that does classic cars at a reasonable price? Thanks guys.

Welcome, I think you meant 273. Disc brakes? interesteng need more info on that. If it was a conversion that master cylinder should have been replaced, Anyway good luck with her!

Welcome and looks like a great car to start with (of course I'm kind of partial to 65 Darts as I have a vert and wagon). My vert is the same color - pale yellow (paint code 881) with a black top and black interior. 65DartCharger from Sweden will probably contact you about your paint color.

Hey There...A Very hearty welcome. Someone correct me if wrong but weren't there more Darts, specially GT's built in 65 than any other year ? Maybe we should have our own sub-site....of course under FABO. BTW...from my own experience, 65Dartman is, THE MAN on much you may want to know.

Hey There...A Very hearty welcome. Someone correct me if wrong but weren't there more Darts, specially GT's built in 65 than any other year ?

I think you might be correct on that.

Maybe we should have our own sub-site....of course under FABO.

I'll 2nd that!

BTW...from my own experience, 65Dartman is, THE MAN on much you may want to know.

The ol' memory is not quite it used to be, so thank God for reference material (got probably 99% of all the stuff Chrysler put out for the 65 Dart. 65DartCharger is also THE MAN for info, especial on the DartCharger!

I recently joined the site and so far i'm real impressed. I am a classic car rookie and just bought a 65 Dart GT. I has the 272 Charger, LA engine, 4 bbl with disc brakes, a/c, yellow on black and really is fun to drive. I'll be having fun restoring it (there are some rust spots under windshield rubber and in the trunk,etc.) and it will need a paint job soon. Having trouble finding a paint shop here in LA/OC/Riverside area. Any locals out there know a good paint/body shop that does classic cars at a reasonable price? Thanks guys.

Wecome from another So Cal Mopar guy.

Best to start networking locally. There is the Inland Empire Mopar club that Ocdart belongs too. Also attend local Mopar show and cruise-ins. When you start mingling ask about paint shops. It the hardest part of the resto process. Finding a paint shop.

In October come up to the Fall Fling show in Van Nuys. There will be a bunch of A-bodies and about 175 used parts vendor and new parts vendors to search, price, and buy parts for your car. Great place for networking too.

If you can, bring your car. Becomes much easier to remember parts you need and helps networking.

Fall Fling show flyer: www.cpwclub.com/ff10flyer.pdf

Welcome to FABO!I,ve noticed this year,on this site and at the big shows that the Early-A,s are coming out of the woodwork.People are finally realizeing that these little cars are just plain cool!8)Also can be made to compete with the bigboys.LOL

Welcome to FABO, MoparN8! You're going to have fun here.
Thanks for the club plug, autoxcuda! PM sent to MoparN8.
As previously said, Fall Fling (October) and Spring Fling are the biggest Mopar gatherings in SoCal and great places to find parts and vendors.
Again, welcome!

Hi there and welcome onboard FABO! The best website for A-body cars there is!

I've been into 65 Darts for the last 30 years and is currently working on two DartChargers. One of the things making these Darts so unique was the yellow paint. For the public this color wasn't availible until March/April of 1965. However the DartChargers, a Dart with special badges and the 273 Charger engine, got this paint in late August/early September of 64! In early March of 65 Dodge launched the Go/go package, a Dart with some racing stripes and the yellow paint Included is a picture of the sales broschure.

I'm trying to collect as much information as possible about these Darts. One of the things that I haven't find out is when the color showed up on non DartChargers.

Can you send me a readable picture of your fendertag and the VIN# and I will for free help you with all the info on your car. It might as well be one of the non badge DartChargers as well as one of the Go/go Darts. In that case check for evidence under the hood at the rear for old stripes or on the front of the trunk.

Included is a picture of the DartCharger badge for info.

By the way, good luck with your car.

Hi there and welcome onboard FABO! The best website for A-body cars there is!

I've been into 65 Darts for the last 30 years and is currently working on two DartChargers. One of the things making these Darts so unique was the yellow paint. For the public this color wasn't availible until March/April of 1965. However the DartChargers, a Dart with special badges and the 273 Charger engine, got this paint in late August/early September of 64! In early March of 65 Dodge launched the Go/go package, a Dart with some racing stripes and the yellow paint Included is a picture of the sales broschure.

I'm trying to collect as much information as possible about these Darts. One of the things that I haven't find out is when the color showed up on non DartChargers.

Can you send me a readable picture of your fendertag and the VIN# and I will for free help you with all the info on your car. It might as well be one of the non badge DartChargers as well as one of the Go/go Darts. In that case check for evidence under the hood at the rear for old stripes or on the front of the trunk.

Included is a picture of the DartCharger badge for info.

By the way, good luck with your car.

Here's a pic of the fender tag. the pic is clear if u enlarge it a bit. VIN#L455161894. Also, speaking of the yellow pain, it's going to need a new paint job and i'm nervous beacaue i want to get that yellow matched the best way possible and need to find a good paint shop here in so cal that won't break my bank...

Thanks for the info!

Welcome aboard!!

Berdoo Paint and Body in San Bernardino did a decent job with my Cuda. Though the main focus of the business, like most, is collision/insurance work, Wayne McCarl and his crew might be able to help you out if you aren't in a hurry. Tell him I referred ya. He'll probably charge you double. ;-)

If they made more darts in 65 than any other year, you cant prove it by me. I sure am havin trouble findin oone. LOL

Cool. Maybe I'll see you crusin' or at Miguels Jr.
mm i love Miguels :) yeah if ya see me don't be shy to stop by an say hi im pretty sure i have the only 2 door valiant in town ive seen a couple 64 4doors but that's it :) let me know if ya need a hand with anything i always have time on my hands, nice to see some Mopar guys in our area :cheers:

-
Back