News Flash! From Dodge "MOPAR Challenger"

-
That will be the first car with the MoPar badge 8) cool !! I think :read2:

Will you tell me something.......

WHY must EVERYTHING be that stinking ugly and boring "Gunmetal Gray"???????????????

For the LOVE of ALL that's Mopar (or should be, that is.....), WHY can't they trash the same ol' plain Jane interior and MAKE ONE IN WHITE, OR BLUE, OR GOLD, OR BURGUNDY, OR SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry........just bumped my halo again.................).

The hood badge looks like it was printed on my home computer........the wheels, in my opinion, are for a ricer...........the top of the motor looks like a Fisher-Price toy...........and as far as I'm concerned, it's an INSULT to the heritage of the T/A from which they've derived the scoop.

(and what's with the "T" grip???? )

Sorry guys...........It ain't nuthin' exciting. We could do better (the guys here at FABO) starting with a stock Challenger (hemi) and building it from there with some nice upholstery and some decent striping.

I just can't get over these guys.......... (rant over).:angry7:

It should have been a Mopar Cuda!

I agree they could have done better but it's a step in the right direction, at least they're trying to give us something exciting.

Nobody commented on the carbon fiber Pistol Grip handle shown in the YouTube video. I like it!

When the new's came out that the Challenger/Barracuda was coming out I liked the Barracuda much better, But I must say I would love to have one, Void payment's and ins. My choice on color on the Challenger would be Ralley Red and white int.

OH BOY..a NEW STRIPE..that have never been seen before..and a bunch of ticky tack add ones to try to make it look like the original....heck, my 'stang must invoke the old challenger days because it to has a t shift metal gear changer...and what is with the ricer 20inch rims...???

This reminds me of cheap ways to get people to buy the car like "limited Editions" or stripes for your region..

38K USD..40 Cdn plus tax...hmmmmm.. plus ins...would rather buy an original..

my blurp for the day..now going to crawl into the pool..very hot today..

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Strike two.

That new mustang is looking better and better.

Mop

The car strikes me as a driving advertisment for chryslers mopar parts division...or am I wrong?

Don't slap me, BUT.........They need to recruit some designers from Ford.

Can you imagine the response to the design if they had done it in Plum Crazy with a white interior, a little wood grain, a Pistol Grip and some decent chrome rims in maybe 16 to 17" max?............with a full black-out hood with that T/A scoop??????..........and a nice CHROME emblem????????????????????

ANYBODY?????????????????????

i don't get it. they drop the plymouth line, one with a long and storied history, and then launch a new brand?!?!? whats next, a jeep named mopar with a butt stripe? dumb

Top ten reasons why they call it a "Mopar" challenger?

10. So granny don't have to buy another Dodge.

9. Because chevy guys still won't like them.

8. So Jay Lenno will have to buy one.

7. Because Dodge is embarrased by it's own name.

6. because they think that somehow it will attract mopar enthusiasts.

5. yeah because Dodge enthusiasts only like Dodges, not Mopars. LOL.

4. maybe they think it will attract Plymouth enthusiasts.

3. because people are tire of dodge Challengers already?

2..Because yuppies refuse to drive a Dodge no matter how cool it looks so just change the name to Mopar and they won't know the difference.

1.Because chrysler is trying to make money off of a car they already made by calling it something else, and yes there are people dumb enough to fall for it....look at the last election....this is the age of stupidity.

1+. Because it's still not as cool as bringing back Plymouth.

For that kind of money one could buy a cool original cuda or challenger? Maybe even a t/a or formula s already done up nice ...just check out ones for sale this weekend at Carlisle! Newer does not mean better!

Am I the only one that likes it?:shock:Its not perfect but it is a cool car(to me anyway)I know ill never own one anyway,lol.But for sure with that car costs,you can buy a original Challenger.
And I may get flamed for this,but I dont care much for the new Mustangs.I see them everywhere when im out driving around,the Challengers I rarely see.

Nice car, but the upgrades are strictly cosmetic. Matching stitching??? Do you get a matching belt and shoes too?? Invest all that time and $$$ and come up with aftermarket pepboys add ons?? Is the scoop functional? Where is the vert??? If you want something to go up in value or something limited, do a pkg with the vert. Chevy is and so is Ford.

This really let me down, i was expecting something more radical. its just stickers a lame looking steering wheel and shifter. :angry7:

hmm, not huge on it, my favorite so far has been either the plumb crazy or yellow challenger classics. like mentioned above they should take the effort they put into this and come up with some really cool interior ideas, like they all have black seats, how boring is that?? This car i find really dissapointing

He should have said, "With the Mopar '10, we wanted to bring back the excitement of Chrysler Corporation's tape and badge packages of the late '70's".

Really, guys? REALLY? :angry7:

-
Back