NFL football players not honoring our flag

-
dallas cowboys..... they locked arms and kneed down BEFORE the opening of the game, then they all locked arms and respected the anthem and or flag....and from what I understand Jerry Joes, the owner, told them they all were employed by him, and that was the way it would go down, HIS WAY..... OR they would be looking for a job somewhere else.
NFL, all pro sports, and Hollywood...... none of it is really the REAL world. ..... our armed forces that fight to keep this country free EVERY day.... those are people are the REAL world... our real heros!!!!!!! way past time for our REAL HEROS to be placed on a pedistal and not pro athletles......

And here I get bent when the performer of The National Anthem decides it's a "performance" and it's "all about them", and not about the glory and honor involved in keeping that flag flying. I could go on forever, but I won't.

Many thanks Roy, I was watching GMA this morning and they showed a guy burning all of his Steeler stuff in his barbeque grill. I stood up and saluted that man. Enough is enough already, you don't believe in your country or support it and the flag then get the hell out.

Merle Haggard said it best in a song, years ago.

"If you don't love it, leave it, let this song I'm singing be a warning.

When you're running down my country man you're walking on the fighting side of me"

You could stop all this disgrace with another disgrace. Have Rosanne Barr shout out the National Anthem. That will send the players running back thru the tunnel in horror and think twice about their cause.

They will keep doing it as long as they can get away with it. Then it will become the norm.

dallas cowboys..... they locked arms and kneed down BEFORE the opening of the game, then they all locked arms and respected the anthem and or flag....and from what I understand Jerry Joes, the owner, told them they all were employed by him, and that was the way it would go down, HIS WAY..... OR they would be looking for a job somewhere else.
NFL, all pro sports, and Hollywood...... none of it is really the REAL world. ..... our armed forces that fight to keep this country free EVERY day.... those are people are the REAL world... our real heros!!!!!!! way past time for our REAL HEROS to be placed on a pedistal and not pro athletles......

Barbee...I know it sounds patriotic but the same thing they say on the internet about what Jerry Jones said has been attributed to several different owners and coaches word by word. One of those untrue internet meme's.

They're welcome to spend their tremendous non profit fortunes on body cameras and data storage for our police forces.

But they don't.

Been thinking about this for a while now and what just struck me is this: regardless of what the cause is, the method of getting attention has effectively silenced any voice they might have had.

Little bit like insulting someone's mother so you can talk to them; won't matter what you say afterwards, the guy isn't listening anymore because he just wants to kill you.

I think this thread is good cross section of the reaction most have had. Very little talk about the why and a whole lot of anger about how it was done. And you can add my name to the angered list, didn't watch MNF, didn't check the score and don't even know (or care) who played.

Can't speak for the reason behind the demonstrations, only commenting on the way it was done.

supposedly protesting "racial and social" injustice.

too bad a few bad apples give the whole barrel, a lot of STINK??

Yeah, I'm aware of what the point of the demonstration is, just pointing out that they did a rotten job of trying to make a discussion of it. This IMO hasn't done anything to help because the only thing people are talking about is the demonstration, not what they are demonstrating for.

Last edited:
You know what would have been the right way to made people talk about this would have been something like the players getting together and sitting out the game. Forfeit the pay, make some games not even happen and see how much people would be talking about why they did it.

Imagine two years ago before Kapernick (or however you spell it) started this, if people turned the TV on and it was a golf "game" instead of football because the scheduled teams couldn't field enough players to make a game. The NFL would have been furious due to lost money and who knows how big of a blow up that would have been. Everyone and their mother would be talking about why they did it, and then the players could have actually been heard. Sure, there would probably be some as pissed as they are now, but for a much less important reason (oh no, a game was lost! the horror!).

Instead, they found something that was sacred to a whole lot of people and stomped in the middle of it.

Merle Haggard said it best in a song, years ago.

"If you don't love it, leave it, let this song I'm singing be a warning.

When you're running down my country man you're walking on the fighting side of me"

I guess Merle's "Fighting side" was not strong enough to join the military during Vietnam. The only "service" under his belt was in prison for attempted robbery.

ummm. maybe because they are a majority white southerns that probably still fly a confederate flag..
Actually, the majority of major-league NASCAR tracks are not in the "South". Race tracks currently used by NASCAR as part of its Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, Xfinity Series, or Camping World Truck Series for the 2017 racing season: 10 in South or South East, 4 in North East, 2 in Canada, 2 in California, 10 in Midwest or Central, 2 in South West. Per http://www.brentsherman.com/PDFS/NASCAR.pdf 60% of NASCAR fans are not in the South, 40% are in the South.

You mean all the backbone he had when he turned his back to his country in 1968, when they needed him most? Like that?
I can appreciate our president having enough back bone and speaking his mind and conviction and not taking the easy way out like so many spineless jelly fish others have taken.

bottomline.. to me its just this simple....... Americans must respect this country, its flag, you respect the men and women that died to protect our freedoms, and yes freedom of speech,... BUT there is a time and place for it all...

It's one thing to exercise your
1st amendment rights
But when it disrespects our
Country and flag
That's wrong
But don't worry
There will be another issue soon
There always is
I was never in the military
But a lot of my family has been
And is currently active
My uncle John landed at
Normandy on d day
This **** really pisses me off
There are people who will
Never be satisfied
Always something to whine about

Actually, the majority of major-league NASCAR tracks are not in the "South".
and the fans that aren't in the south are southern wanna bees. most are also white and there is no way a white guy can even imagine what non-whites have gone through in their life.

and the fans that aren't in the south are southern wanna bees. most are also white and there is no way a white guy can even imagine what non-whites have gone through in their life.
So, because of "what non-whites have gone through in their life" this gives people, including millionaire black (or white, whatever) sports players, the right to disrespect the United States flag, and everything it represents? I just don't get it, never will, no matter what kind of twisted logic you want to throw out there.

So, because of "what non-whites have gone through in their life" this gives people, including millionaire black (or white, whatever) sports players, the right to disrespect the United States flag, and everything it represents? I just don't get it, never will, no matter what kind of twisted logic you want to throw out there.
Agree
I was trying to figure out how to
Respond
Thanks for hitting the nail on
The head

-
Back