NHL Playoffs 2022

-
Oh well we'll take it. Congrats to the Avs. The Oilers played their hearts out tonight.
Bring on NY.

I wanted to see a few more games.
Smith lost it for the Oilers...
Oilers are a better team when in the zone but Avs are more consistant.
I think the Cup will be Avs and Rangers but will only go 5 games . Avs win .

Woo Hoo! Avs to the Stanley Cup finals, time to get healed up. Hopefully the Rangers Lightning series goes 7.

TBL has momentum and are at home.

NYR could be getting tired.

At least 2 more games in that series.

POINT, come baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack..........

Was hoping West series would go a couple more games so whoever won would also be tired.

I'm worried about the Avs maybe having 9 days off. I don't care for any New York team but don't want the Lighting to have the chance for a three peat. The Avs have clearly been the most dominant team in the playoffs with two sweeps and one five game but the East was the stronger conference this season.

As I watch the Rangers and the Lightning games, they seem like they are in slow motion, I don’t think either team can hang with the Avs relentless speed.

Point was the second fastest skater in the all star games.

TBL is deeper (esp with POINT), and Kadri, a top performer and "enforcer" is out.

Point was the second fastest skater in the all star games.

TBL is deeper (esp with POINT), and Kadri, a top performer and "enforcer" is out.
TBL has to get by NYR first.

TBL is also very deep on D.

...but their D has been struggling a bit this series.

IMO they need to go with 12 forwards from now on. 11 didn't work for them this time although it has in the past.

I started following them right before Point came up from AHL and I could tell immediately he was gonna be super special.
The next center up from AHL was Gourde, and he was special, too although in a different way.
Next was Cirrelli. Also special.
I was starting think "WTF, every guy they bring up is crazy good".
The next 3 were Joseph, Verhage and Goodrow.
You guessed it-2 of the 3 special, and 1 with promise.

So, of the last 5 extremely talented centers to come up, 3 are gone-1 to Florida and 1 to NYR (who is making an impact), and Gourde to the expansion draft, and I've not heard his name since.

Not sure what happened to Joseph. He was good enough to play in at least one game in the finals last year.

Any one of those 3 that left could potentially tilt the series.

Last edited:
The Avs steamrolled the Oil! The better team for sure won that series. Makar is going to be great to watch over the next decade or so!

I’m hoping for a Bolts/Avs final. Consider it the modern version of the NYI/Oil series back in ‘83.

Sergachev out?

That sucks.

3rd line D but could be 2nd or even 1st line for someone else if not for superstar Hedman and superstar McDonagh.

Always a threat to score.

Yawn...... someone wake me up when the Rangers and Tampa start to actually play ! The way both are playing in the second Idont think either could hang with the AVS or Oilers !

Sergi- in. YAY.

Tampa forced NY to play their way.

That's why the game looked different.

Same thing can happen in any game between any differing styles.

Man it sure hard to any accurate info from the league. Can't find anything saying "for sure" whether or not Kadri is in or out for the finals.

Yeah the NHL states they dont have to disclose any info in regards to injuries or lineups, which makes sense.
The TBL/NYR series is brand new now. Reminds me of how the series started with Leafs/TB.

Game 5

This should tell who really has any momentum.

-
Back