NHL Playoffs 2022

-
Yup amazing offense. These guys are so fast these days and have awesome puck control. Flames and Avs both have a fast powerful offense.

Watch 10 minutes of an old Gretzky Oilers game then 10 minutes of past nights game. Its like Squirts vs Juniors ... then you have a player like McDavid ( like him or not) that stands out even more !

Defending against a talented line on a 3 on 2 or 2 on 1 is harder than you think. Forward need to backcheck yet not abandon the offensive zone too quickly . there was at least one perfect example of this that ended in a goal last night.
No, I understand that well. Thats why you need a fast well scoring defense too. That is the difference with the Avs this year over the last years. Avs Flames will be a great match up if it goes that way.

No, I understand that well. Thats why you need a fast well scoring defense too. That is the difference with the Avs this year over the last years. Avs Flames will be a great match up if it goes that way.

Sorry .. didnt mean to imply you didnt understand . But the average viewer probably doesnt or loses perspective over time. Many fans have probably never played ....

No worries brother. You and 4spdragtop know way more about the game than I do. I mostly just watch the Avs games. Last nights game was fun to watch. It is a different game than it was years ago. The NHL wanted higher scoring games and they got it.

No worries brother. You and 4spdragtop know way more about the game than I do. I mostly just watch the Avs games. Last nights game was fun to watch. It is a different game than it was years ago. The NHL wanted higher scoring games and they got it.
Remember when they wanted to make the goals bigger because the goalies were too good . Lol

Kind of surprised to see Florida struggling in the playoffs for being the number one team in the league. Seems towards the end of the regular season that they just could not lose.

Much like mbaird I have played my entire life. Earning and holding the C for a great many years as a defenseman. (For the guys that do not play that is not normal) The guys today are amazing. When I got drafted I was a big guy at 215 and reasonably quick. The young guys in our leagues now are mostly 230-240 and faster than spit. And all are over six ft. I have no idea if it is our nutrition or health care but the difference is amazing. I could not hold a candle to these kids coming up on my best day. Makes me feel quite old fat and slow! Hah! Still the best sport on earth!

Much like mbaird I have played my entire life. Earning and holding the C for a great many years as a defenseman. (For the guys that do not play that is not normal) The guys today are amazing. When I got drafted I was a big guy at 215 and reasonably quick. The young guys in our leagues now are mostly 230-240 and faster than spit. And all are over six ft. I have no idea if it is our nutrition or health care but the difference is amazing. I could not hold a candle to these kids coming up on my best day. Makes me feel quite old fat and slow! Hah! Still the best sport on earth!
Well I can't even skate. Just don't have the ankles.

Well, my Avs sucked last night. Need to get it going Saturday or rbkt65 may be on to something.

PS: the goal tender interference which made a 5 on 3 powerplay was BS.

i thought this might be the 2nd best matchup of the 2nd round. but now it might be the best one. calls go both ways. it is unfortunate the RMU graduates have the control they do over every series of every round. let the boys play. i don't think the nhl wants them to play. home ice advantage to blues now, but ........., we will see.

i thought this might be the 2nd best matchup of the 2nd round. but now it might be the best one. calls go both ways. it is unfortunate the RMU graduates have the control they do over every series of every round. let the boys play. i don't think the nhl wants them to play. home ice advantage to blues now, but ........., we will see.

Avs didn't deserve to win the game, but two of the goals were deflections off the defender's stick, kind of freaky to get two of them.

15 goals in game 1
8 goals in game 2

BOA tied after 2. Down 2-0 after 6 minutes in yet they played a lot better as the game went on to finally get and hold a lead. Smith looked a lot better.

Much better for the Avs yesterday. That first goal that broke an Avs player's stick was wild.
Wounder why only one game yesterday and three today?

Much better for the Avs yesterday. That first goal that broke an Avs player's stick was wild.
Wounder why only one game yesterday and three today?

The events in last nights game has made the series even more interesting!

There must have been a concert or other event at the Tampa stadium last night booked months in advance. They are playing back to back to make up the extra night off.

-
Back