NHL Playoffs 2022

-
IDK what's going on with Florida.

Doesn't look like the same team as the regular season.

Bolts 3 and 0 in series, without B. Point.

Elimination game for Panthers tonight.

I say this thru clenched teeth as I do not like the Bolts. Holy smokes the Bolts look good. They are crisp and playing with some serious discipline and precision. Almost reminds me of Russian Red Wings of yester year. They are rocking it.

What's not to like about a mostly "skill", fast team that's actually overloaded with talent (both forwards and defense), and has been adding "just enough" muscle (some also skilled) so they can also play the kinds of games that require it?

...with a .600 record coach.

I will say one thing is that the NHL needs to change how the games are broadcasted. Being in the west our game being on after the east games sucks. If the east game goes longer or OT we here in the west can't see our game. BS I say. If the first game is on TNT then the 2nd game should be on ESPN. Not both games on the same network. Not hard to figure out.

Takes a real piece of **** douchebag to sit on Twitter and threaten to kill someone. Glad to see Kadri rise up and kick ***.

Not a huge Kadri fan but death threats....come on....

Cats looked much better but not enough.
I actually like Florida despite being a Lightning fan.

Another shut out elimination game for #88.
That's IIRC 6 out of the last 7 in the playoffs.
...and something like 16-0 after a playoff loss.

Tried to stay up and watch NYI/Car but didn't make it past 12 min.
( I get up at 4:30am)
I need to see the next game to know what and who to look for.

Vasi in my opinion is another player that could enter the HOF while still playing. He was .970 before last night....those are robot numbers. I forgot about Rangers/Canes...
I watched Avs/blues. Abs are smoking now. The "hit" on Binnington was similar to Looch on Smith. Looch should have gotten 2. No way that was a major and a game. WATCH Smith. He creates his own **** show all the time....
Not a huge Kadri fan but death threats....come on....

Cats looked much better but not enough.
I actually like Florida despite being a Lightning fan.

Another shut out elimination game for #88.
That's IIRC 6 out of the last 7 in the playoffs.
...and something like 16-0 after a playoff loss.

Tried to stay up and watch NYI/Car but didn't make it past 12 min.
( I get up at 4:30am)
I need to see the next game to know what and who to look for.

There is a great overhead video showing Kadri going on a trajectory to the right of Binnington until he gets hit and it shoots him left into Binnington. Clearly a hockey accident.

HOF and Vasy was mentioned in more than one pre-game show last night.

I'm trying to decide what defines "dynasty" as it relates to TBL.

If they win a 3rd I say automatic dynasty status.

If they lose in the final and get back to the final next year, that's a good case, win or lose.

Win another within 3 years= dynasty

Make 2/3 round playoffs for another 4 years plus- maybe.

Blues came back to tie and Mack says NOPE and gets his 3rd for a 4-3 lead. Great game.
Anyone else sick and tired of these fn refs ignoring broken sticks everywhere? It's been going on for YEARS, reg season and playoffs.

Opinions:
So do long layoffs impact hockey teams during playoff runs? Perhaps differently than other pro sports given the frequency of games?

Case in point...Tampa

There is always a debate about rest vs rust.

I think it depends on the team.

If NYR/Car goes to 7 we will see first hand about a 1 day rest for the winner vs a week of rest for TBL.

That's the extreme potential situation.

the idiots that threatened kadri should be hit in the head with an oak 2x4. clearly an accident. his rep had a lot to do with it. only a few in the nhl try to really hurt other players. tom wilson for one. but he got his just reward with knee surgery. on to game 6 at home. no prediction from me as i turned it off last night when they were at 3-0.

These made the game easier to watch.
Congrats to McJesus.

20220527_020628.jpg

There was a super hottie sitting next to the tunnel the last game I saw in this series

NHL camera crews still haven't totally embraced the "find a hot girl to center the shot on before zooming out for a crowd shot" practice that most NFL crews use.

...but they are starting.

Last edited:
-
Back