nhra

-
not if theres rules and tech is done right, we got 2 heads up class's 6.0 and 7.49 but the brake checking is outta hand.

I agree with you in that respect but you are still running on an index. Some of these guys seem to think it should be ...line em up and whoever wins wins. Some tracks monitor the brake checking(sand bagging) but that is pretty tough to enforce.

I agree with you in that respect but you are still running on an index. Some of these guys seem to think it should be ...line em up and whoever wins wins. Some tracks monitor the brake checking(sand bagging) but that is pretty tough to enforce.
sure is. i like heads up, first wins, no brake out racing but you right it ends up measuring money and with out rules ends up a nhra nitro class only a few lucky nuff to play in...

sure is. i like heads up, first wins, no brake out racing but you right it ends up measuring money and with out rules ends up a nhra nitro class only a few lucky nuff to play in...
Up to the point where the track is the limiting factor. $10K car can hang with $50K car if the track is ****. Hence, no-prep races.

I have nothing against bracket racing. That's all I can afford to do. I cant stand delay box, throttle stop bullshit they call racing. The most hated by most spectators ive talked to. My buddy was foot braking in the pro class which run electronics made it to the final three. Him and to rails. They pulled up and he pulled in behind them. Track guy gave him the bye. The to rail guys had a melt down. So the they ended up flipping a coin . Long story short he took them both out and won. He had a .000 light in the final. The rail guy was pissed and wouldn't shake his hand. Called foot brakers a bunch of pussies. It made my night. 90% of racers arnt like that but then there is the other 10%.

Motor sports will wain over the next decade or so. The "kids" of today are not into cars like we were (I'm 51). There are kids who are ... but nothing like when we were young .. or our parents.

Hell, kids today don't even want to get their licenses right away. They'd rather sit at a computer and pretend to drive.

The good ol days are just that. Gone. I remember my Dad in the 70's talking about his flat head and how that was hot rotting ... lol

Would be fun if they either re-did Pro Stock as factory 'drag pack' cars, or made a pro class for the 'drag pack' type cars

What exactly do some of you guys want ? Run what ya brung Heads up...first to the finish line racing? Dig out your wallet cause the guy with the biggest one will always win.:steering::steering:
Quite a few yrs back, there were classes for 8.90, 9.90, 10.90, 11.90, 12.9,0 and so on, was very easy to run heads up and fit in, and "FUN" . Didn`t last long, because of not enough entries in each class. Then came bracket racing, everyone jumped on it around here. I didn`t like it to start with and still don`t. If some elec. racer doesn`t like me bad mouthing the elec. junk, who gives a ---- ! I don`t. You can look in the stands at a bracket race around here, and there`s not over 10-12 people in them most of the time, and , guess what caused it, electronic b.s. The track owners and managers have to get some wild cars (promod-or such), where there is a better chance of the spectators seeing a wreck, before many spectators will go. I record nhra races , and don`t even bother watching any more.

The "kids" of today are not into cars like we were (I'm 51). There are kids who are ... but nothing like when we were young .. or our parents.

bullshit.. have you ever seen the track on an import day? crazy packed.. some fast *** imports too.. may not be into the same cars you and most of us here are/were but they are into it.. lots of time and money into their rides. doing the same thing we all did when young.. building what they can afford and know how to work on..

cox.jpg
bullshit.. have you ever seen the track on an import day? crazy packed.. some fast *** imports too.. may not be into the same cars you and most of us here are/were but they are into it.. lots of time and money into their rides. doing the same thing we all did when young.. building what they can afford and know how to work on..
darrel cox of eden nc had a neon running 9s before mopar dumped a load of cash on him, not sure how quick he got for it all ended...1998 Dodge Neon - Mopar Muscle Magazine

Oh ya. They are today's hot rodders for sure. I know some people crack on the ricers but I always say it's just a shift in what kind of cars.

But I dont think the % of kids today into cars is what it was.

could be, but they ain`t that big around here. most people crack jokes about them, and walk off when they start running. I could care less about watching them either.

could be, but they ain`t that big around here. most people crack jokes about them, and walk off when they start running. I could care less about watching them either.

just because you aren't into what they are running doesn't mean they aren't like we were when young. they are. just with different cars.. and poor attitudes like that don't help the younger generation coming up very much either..

Oh ya. They are today's hot rodders for sure. I know some people crack on the ricers but I always say it's just a shift in what kind of cars.

But I dont think the % of kids today into cars is what it was.

hard to tell... one would have to get into the scene to see how many actually are these days... i do know that there are a huge offroad following these days with younger kids too. that may take away from the "car" scene too but they are still into automobiles...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
check out the stands at atco for honda day... crazy how many people are there.. that place is never that packed for any other event except maybe for the thrill show.... the modifiers event (a bunch of oldheads with their muscle cars and street rods) could only dream of drawing that many racers and spectators... :)

Atco-attendance-record.jpg

check out the line to get in... that line went out to the main road and close to a mile in both directions... kids are into it for sure...

htup-1206-46-o%2bhonda-day-atco-2012%2batco-raceway-gate.jpg

honda-day-atco-2013-atco-raceway-01.jpg

Don't doubt that there is a presence in the motor world for "kids". Lets say under 30. And it would make sense it's keyed on imports. That's what they grew up with. When I was 10, the older cool kids in the neighborhood had Roadrunners and Novas. For these kids it was imports.

But, how prevalent are auto sports within that demographic? Less.

For the first time in generations, automobile use is on the decline among American youth.
2008, 46.3 percent of potential drivers 19 years old and younger had drivers’ licenses, compared with 64.4 percent in 1998, according to the Federal Highway Administration.

You know what the kids are into these days? Not General Motors

10 years and a drop of 18% is huge.

It's a technology world today wrapped around phones/tablets. 60 teenagers reveal what they think is cool — and what isn't — in 2016

Our freedom was getting our license as soon as we could and hitting the road. Today - it's the latest tablet, hottest social media platform, and connecting with their generation digitally.

Just different world now and importance of autos (along with eco crap about them) is diminishing their significance.

But, yes, there will always be motor sports as long as there are vehicles.

Bring back dry hops! LOL. I bought an old Duster in 1989 that was a PRO ET car and the driver wrote on a piece of paper "2nd gear burnout only, 1-2 dry hops" I still have it somewhere! hahaha

fwd is what these kids can afford!! when we was kids we pull novas and fairlans and satelites outta the weeds for few hundred bucks,..spend a few more hundred and be driving to town looking for chicks! these kids cant afford old muscle cars hell most of us cant ether now thanks to barrett jackson! so 3 to 7 year old honda's and such fits there price range, parts a plenty at the pick-your-part yards to! teenagers of the 40s n 50s hotrodded t buckets and duce coupes,..teenagers of 60s n 70s hotrodded tri-5 shoe boxes an impalia's gto's and such! when not boosting up a turbo thay gettin better mpg on cheaper gas to! lotta kids in to 4x4 stuff as well as autocross and drifting, lotta teenagers at the dirt tracks in fwd cars as well as rest the class's! might not return to the muscle car erra but the auto hobbys will continue to evolve and grow...still hate a dang fart can muffler and nossss!

Dirty white boy. You are correct. My nephew races import class at the dirt track. He would love to run a rwd mopar but he drives a neon and has fun and was track champ last year. He just cant afford to run a full size car. They don't allow a bodies so it ether e body or a tank. Cant afford an e body and c body just to heavy same with b body. I have thought of buying a cheap v6 challenger for my next bracket build maybe find one with a blown motor. The old challenger is getting rough.

friend i grew up with from down the streets son, looking for a street race! well dang video wont load...FB privacy!!

Most tracks with a good Bracket Racing program have no-electronic..foot brake classes.
Not around here unfortunately. The closest tracks to me are IHRA and they let motorcycles race with the cars. Makes it impossible to race the stripe. Would be boring to watch IMO. Ennis has a Mopar only meet next week with footbrake classes, but 60% chance of rain.....

Not around here unfortunately. The closest tracks to me are IHRA and they let motorcycles race with the cars. Makes it impossible to race the stripe. Would be boring to watch IMO. Ennis has a Mopar only meet next week with footbrake classes, but 60% chance of rain.....

That's a real shame...Not a big enough car count or what ?

just wait till the new mustangs,challengers and camaros get old and cheap.. the kids then may be hot rodding them..
tellin ya, they aint very big around here. looked on as a joke. we have a few fart can ricers running around, but not many fast ones, and they are usually the ones acting like an idiot on the 4 -6 lanes. the new challenger will probly never be cheap, even when they are old.

-
Back