no brakes

-
Fill the master cylinder with fluid and pump the brakes. Look for leaks.

Are all of the parts there at the wheels? Disc, drums, wheel cyl, springs, hardware, shoes, etc???

If all the parts are there, then fill the master cylinder with fluid and see if there are any leaks.

If no leaks see if you need to bleed the brakes, then try them...

And make sure you look for leaks on the inside and outside of the firewall below the MC. The MC seal is a good place to have a leak on an old car and will take out all the brakes. If there is fluid on any painted surface, get ti off; the paint will probably come off with it so be ready to rmove and clean any capret with fluid in it and repaint areas.

So is your car a 71 Dart Swinger? Does it have drum brakes front and rear? What engine? If unsure, take pix under the car looking at the inside of the wheels and post.

yes its a 71 dart swinger im still trying to figure out how to post pics of the car im pretty sure there drum all way around i have not had much time to crawl in to it yet just got it home last night. its a 318 v8. pretty much all org it runs. this is my first mopar project. id love to show you my ride.. how do u post pics on this site
????

Click "Go Advanced" to post photos, but trim the file size first.
If the MC top cap has a bulge on the rear that is much larger than the front, your car likely has front disks. In 1971, those would be the highly-valued Kelsey-Hayes disks, so jump for joy. More likely, you have equal bumps on the cover, which means front drums. You then need to know whether 9" or 10" drums. Most V-8's had 10". Look at the spindle and compare to photos here. The 10" spindle has a centered goose-neck, whereas it is on the side in 9".

-
Back