"No Budget" 1966 Valiant 100 straight axle GASSER

-
My '70 Charger gasser is going in a similar direction. I want a tunnel ram for the pure old school factor. This is a real cool build...

My '70 Charger gasser is going in a similar direction. I want a tunnel ram for the pure old school factor. This is a real cool build...

I love the ole' school factor... I'm bored with the same-o-same-o----... Last time I was at Wilksboro watching test & tune there was 1 cool ole' school drag car there, a blown small block '63 Nova, that B!t<h would run...

I didn't get any sleep last nite, sittin' here waitin' on daylight... It rained almost all day here yesterday, noticed 2 big puddles of water in the front floorpans, geeee--- wonder why the floorboard rusted out?? We're gonna fix that little problem first thing this morning....

I think I've found the leak, gotta be the cowl vents... I'm going to eat a harty breakfest and let the moisture calm down a bit so the tape will stick, ran out of 3M masking tape so it's packing tape time... I've already drank 3 cups of coffee--------- I'm wired-----------

Two cups in me and it's raining here to Hornet, Keep things going while I am gone and remember to always enjoy the time you get to spend on your Early A Gasser :cheers: I would take a picture of my bowl of Oat meal and coffee but I am charging my batteries for my Strongend 8)
I am wired to this morning :-D

Two cups in me and it's raining here to Hornet, Keep things going while I am gone and remember to always enjoy the time you get to spend on your Early A Gasser :cheers: I would take a picture of my bowl of Oat meal and coffee but I am charging my batteries for my Strongend 8)
I am wired to this morning :-D

When you comming back???? Every morning now you can feel fall in the air, I've gotta get some of this stuff done before winter...

Sunday night, Fall in in the air and I hope it will be a easy winter for the both of us :cheers:

Here's where we're at.. Cowl is cut and under cowl cleaned out, put 2 braces on the underside to give the patch a little extra strength... welded up all the screw holes...

That's Georgia crap, North Carolina crap would have ate it to the hubs... Speakin' of crap, my grinder crapped out cutting the falcon roof, so I had to use the sawz-all blade to clean up the back side of the metal.. Then I hit it with a little 60 grit sand paper... Got real lucky on the cut, patch likes just a little laying flush in the hole....

That was a pain, the grinder layin' down half way through it... Got it welded all the way around, took my time let it cool and moved around a lot, doesnt look like I warped anything... Just shot some primer on it until I can grind down the welds...

I know you're keeping the wipers so you should check the gaskets where the wiper shafts go thru the cowl panel - other area for potential leak.

I know you're keeping the wipers so you should check the gaskets where the wiper shafts go thru the cowl panel - other area for potential leak.

I'll check those, I wanted to fill the cowl area anyway for a smoother look and areodynamics...

I'll check those, I wanted to fill the cowl area anyway for a smoother look and areodynamics...

I pulled all the wiper gear on my old Barracuda drag car, and put plugs in those holes. I may still have some of the plugs if you want to go that direction.

I was thinking 500 edelbrocks, gezzzzzzzzzz those are hi-dollar for good ones... might go with 2-600's...

Here is a little Trick on the Edelbrock side of the game.
1403 - 500 electric choke
1404 - 500 manual choke.
1405 - 600 manual choke
1406 - 600 electric choke

Change the 14 to 99, and you get Edelbrock remanufacturered carbs, at a much lower price.

9903 - 9904 - 9905 -9906
scummit racing has the 9905 600 cfm manual choke at 199.95 right now.

I pulled all the wiper gear on my old Barracuda drag car, and put plugs in those holes. I may still have some of the plugs if you want to go that direction.

Thanks Ed, I'm going to keep the wipers and lights.. Took the hood off yesterday morning to work on the cowl, that hood is heavy!! I'm going to cut out most of the understructure to see if I can lighten it up and just pin it on... I'm going to get a fiberglass front bumper from VFN for sure.. It shouldnt be nose heavy with the 383 after I move the front wheel forward with the straight axle....

Here is a little Trick on the Edelbrock side of the game.
1403 - 500 electric choke
1404 - 500 manual choke.
1405 - 600 manual choke
1406 - 600 electric choke

Change the 14 to 99, and you get Edelbrock remanufacturered carbs, at a much lower price.

9903 - 9904 - 9905 -9906
scummit racing has the 9905 600 cfm manual choke at 199.95 right now.

I didn't know that, thanks for the info.... Carbs will probably be the last part of the project.. Parts selling on ebay is pretty slow right now, I'm going to have to dig deeper into my parts building for some good stuff to list..

Back on the floorboard today... One more patch and it's all welded in.. Ain't no rest for the wicked...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sghv7aS6gPc"]YouTube - Ain't No Rest For the Wicked - Cage the Elephant[/ame]

Love that song, man you are soooo close to the being completely done and over with!!

How r u gonna mount the seat/seats in?

Love that song, man you are soooo close to the being completely done and over with!!

How r u gonna mount the seat/seats in?

Going to hunt some used ABS racing buckets, ever what seat mounts thay come with thats what I'll fab to fit...

As soon as I get a new grinder, I'm going to lighten the stock hood and make it a pin on.. I don't like the thin el-cheapo tin plates that come in the hood pin kits (thay bend get scratched up and rust), so I'm going to make my own hood pins out of aluminum plate, a threaded rod and 4 of these clip thingies.. I'll go by the hardware store tomorrow and get a threaded rod, washers, nuts and clip pins.... I'm still not finished with these plates yet... Aluminum road construction signs ROCK for fabbin' parts...

I scored some "free" parts for the gasser I'd fogot I had going through my parts building awhile ago... Picked this shirt up at a local dollar store the other day for 5-bucks, thay had orange, all those were small... Anyways, Accel super coil, MSD Blaster and some fuel line....

I scored some "free" parts for the gasser I'd fogot I had going through my parts building awhile ago... Picked this shirt up at a local dollar store the other day for 5-bucks, thay had orange, all those were small... Anyways, Accel super coil, MSD Blaster and some fuel line....
Score!!!!!!!!!!!

-
Back