"No Budget" 1966 Valiant 100 straight axle GASSER

-
Tryin' out the new camera on close ups.. Heres a model I'm working on, I guess you can tell I love to build altered wheel base straight axle cars... The Valiant will finally be a real one...
Now come on greenhornet....I thought all of the rednecks were in Texas.....It's not a bad thing to be one....I have seen a guy cook his header in a gas grill.....don't take it the wrong way and continue on with your great build......Eric

Hornet ...is that Mt Mitchell...Boone County area???

You're good, you were real close.... Avery County, between Mitchell and Boone.... My ansesters didn't run the indians off, I think the indians said "screw this place" its too damn rough!!! Actually, about 2,000 feet from where I took that pic there was a reservation in a 20 acre field, my uncle found hundreds of Indian artifacts there..

Your car is gonna be a serious headturner on the streets. People will just be like "what in the world?!" lol

I'll only take it out on nice sunny weekends so I can blend in with the other cruisers, if not the law will be all over my azz...

Now come on greenhornet....I thought all of the rednecks were in Texas.....It's not a bad thing to be one....I have seen a guy cook his header in a gas grill.....don't take it the wrong way and continue on with your great build......Eric

Thanks Eric, Its a slow build, but it'll get there... I think rednecks started in west virginia, came south to the northern tip of florida then shot across to texas...

Found an old pic of my second mopar.. I was 18, Bought this '70 GTX for $250, scored a '68 GTX 440 for it for another $250... Yep, thats one of them there mobile homes behind me, just wasnt lucky enought to have a basement.. I was married to the hottest girl in the county, I had my prioritys straight...

I'm working on the T-Ram today, so I figured I'd make a little modification before I cast coat it.. I'm going to make a polished aluminum plate to go under it to cover up the valley pan, so I opened the bottom of the T-Ram up a bit so you can see more of that plate... It also makes it look a little different than the as cast 383 Weiands...

Must be my birthday!!! HemiEd sent 2-packs of Weiand T-Ram gaskets... That was uh SCORE!!! That saved me a headache on the phone with Summit---- WE DON'T SELL 383 WEIAND TUNNEL RAMS ANYMORE, WE DON'T KNOW IF THE 440 GASKETS WILL FIT.... Thanks Ed!!!! Let me know what I owe you for these....

Glad you are happy, and somebody could use them. You can probably tell by the packages, I have had them in my gasket bin for about 24 years.

Any help on this thread, would be great!

I am stumped on where to get a decent deal. I don't mind tearing into either unit myself, but just want to know where or who may have some parts.

I remeber'd you talking about them breaking the tapemeasure out on yah up there if you have a tall scoop.
Man, I wish I was that lucky, but soon enough, once my car is done and ready to go I'll feel that lucky for sure!
Nice idea with the tunnel ram, people will definately be asking quit abit about it for sure!

I remeber'd you talking about them breaking the tapemeasure out on yah up there if you have a tall scoop.
Man, I wish I was that lucky, but soon enough, once my car is done and ready to go I'll feel that lucky for sure!
Nice idea with the tunnel ram, people will definately be asking quit abit about it for sure!

I like to do little changes that make people think, like moving my fuel filler pipe higher on the quarter and adding the flip open cap... It will take a lot of the mopar guys a few glances at the T-ram to figure out, 383 weiand T-Rams don't look like that, most will never notice... Keep us updated on your dart...

Glad you are happy, and somebody could use them. You can probably tell by the packages, I have had them in my gasket bin for about 24 years.

Any help on this thread, would be great!

I am stumped on where to get a decent deal. I don't mind tearing into either unit myself, but just want to know where or who may have some parts.

Thanks again for those T-Ram gaskets Ed, I really appreciate those!!!! I'm gettin' ready to go to town and get some mig wire.. I'll pick up some cast coat aluminum hi-temp paint and some copper spray gasket maker and get this puppy ready...

T-Ram is cleaned, coated and ready to mount.. After the copper coat sealer dries, I'll take an exacto razor and trim the gaskets on the inside...

=P~=P~=P~=P~=P~=P~=P~=P~=P~ looks like the 66 Valiant wants it 8)

I like to do little changes that make people think, like moving my fuel filler pipe higher on the quarter and adding the flip open cap... It will take a lot of the mopar guys a few glances at the T-ram to figure out, 383 weiand T-Rams don't look like that, most will never notice... Keep us updated on your dart...
I will, I will be going down and cleaning up the floorboards soon

The lil' Valiant is dying for that 383 memike.... Glad you liked that intake mod 66340SEDAN, If you gave it the thumbs up I know I did well 8) ... I'll get you some 360 pics and numbers tomorrow lil' buddy, I'm kickin' that floorboards azz tomorrow and finishing it up, I still need to mini-tub, make some frame connectors and re-locate leafs before the snow start flyin'.. I'll do interior, engine and straight axle this winter...

The lil' Valiant is dying for that 383 memike.... Glad you liked that intake mod 66340SEDAN, If you gave it the thumbs up I know I did well 8) ... I'll get you some 360 pics and numbers tomorrow lil' buddy, I'm kickin' that floorboards azz tomorrow and finishing it up, I still need to mini-tub, make some frame connectors and re-locate leafs before the snow start flyin'.. I'll do interior, engine and straight axle this winter...

:supz::supz::supz:

Get those floorboards knocked out dude! Almost done, they look awesome! You just get creative and do a bang-up job!:cheers:

more please. i like your creativity.

The mini-tubbin' and frame connectors are going to be borein', we've all seen that lots of times... I may pull a front fender and move the wheelwell opening forward 8 to 10" inches, just to break up some of this underbody work... I'm hopein' the fuel cell will get here next week, when it does we'll have to cut the trunk floor and countersink the cell so that the relocated factory filler tube and jaz quick fill top will work....

In my best Frank Zappa impression....Ram it!Ram it!Ram it up you p**p shoot!LOL.Great creativity GH.What size carbs going on the ram setup?

Your gonna need a taller hood....LOL

Going to cut a big hole in the stock hood and lighten it up, no hood at the track... Add 2-carbs and this custom carb scoop, its going to be sticking out... I need to fab this scoop and downsize it, I need to find another old afb or edelbrock carb to mock up the base to make the scoop, I have one.. Hard to fab a duel 4 scoop with one carb...

In my best Frank Zappa impression....Ram it!Ram it!Ram it up you p**p shoot!LOL.Great creativity GH.What size carbs going on the ram setup?

I was thinking 500 edelbrocks, gezzzzzzzzzz those are hi-dollar for good ones... might go with 2-600's...

HemiEd has gave me some really good advise on the 383 build, I'm gonna have to sink some cash into it...

-
Back