No Decent A Bodies

-
Maybe Dan should look at the posting by BobW, 2 cars for 5500. Well within his budget & workable too.

I apologize, sometimes I can be a loudmouth.
Window felts/fuzzies have been in short supply for a while.
I bought a set for the 67 a few months back as soon as I heard they were back in stock.
I think the company is "TopCat" or something like that.
I understand

Just seen this posted right after I commented here....74 Duster 360c clean title, fairly solid and complete...$3500

F10A909C-6C62-46A3-8425-601F3C7CE57B.png

Bought this car off a member here right in your back door. For $1900 nice driving car, with a nice interior.
You have to be ready when deals come up.
VKmM3H.jpg

I bought it about 1 year ago, Lincoln Nebraska.
But I willing to drive 2,000 miles in two days to get it, round trip.

Bought this car off a member here right in your back door. For $1900 nice driving car, with a nice interior.
You have to be ready when deals come up.
View attachment 1715863014
You paid not much more than pocket change for your car. Was it a roller? Ate up with rust or didn't the person know what they had? $1,900 is hard to believe. I don't blame you for getting it you could easily sell it for 5 times what you paid for it. I'm not that lucky to find a car that's pretty much free.

They are out there.

As stated above, you just have to be resourceful and ready to go with zero hesitation.

If I'd have been one hour later buying my 54,000 original mile, nearly perfect body 73 Satellite, it would have gone to someone else.
Another buyer called the seller while we were standing in line at the credit union to withdraw the funds, offering more money.
If I'd have been one hour later, he'd have got that call right before I arrived and looked the car over/taken a test drive.

Many times those good projects are a days ride away, and a days ride back home, and good projects priced fair sell.
Fact is the number of good projects get smaller every day and have been for decades!

I have seen people thru the years, that lives in a city 1 hour away and would not drive that far to look at a good car. I have driven 1000 mi for cars.
Those types always have pissed me off big time.

IMG_20211122_133544491_HDR_01.jpg
If you can't find a decent A-body in your price range, no matter what that figure may be, you aren't really trying. I could find forty cars in about an hour on FB Marketplace I would like to look at, IF I was looking. Last thing in the world I wanted right now was a damn Duster, but for $700 I am going to get it on road for 21yr old son. V8 and actually pretty darn clean for Northern Ohio.

'74 Duster with '71 Swinger front end. We are actually putting the '71 Swinger front end on a '72 Scamp we are doing for my other son, and then putting a '71 Valiant front end on the Duster.

-
Back