No Decent A Bodies

-

Dan the man

Reaction score
I'm still keeping my eye open for a clean rust free A body. 318 or a 360 with a automatic transmission, p/s,
a/c. Sadly enough it's not in the budget to do a lot of traveling looking. I never thought that it would be like this. Craigslist has pretty much dried up as far as cars go, Bummer.

All I see are slant 6 buckets of crap for sale for $5000 and up. It’s crazy. Rarely see a V8 A body for sale.

Took me a year and a half to find my silver Barracuda. I found it using a nationwide Craigslist search engine. And I had to travel to get it.

Keep your eyes open, one will pop up!!

I'm still keeping my eye open for a clean rust free A body. 318 or a 360 with a automatic transmission, p/s,
a/c. Sadly enough it's not in the budget to do a lot of traveling looking. I never thought that it would be like this. Craigslist has pretty much dried up as far as cars go, Bummer.
I don't see any wanted threads you started here on FABO.

yup..i gave up looking and started to sell my good parts thinking' there wouldn't be another project.
Finally ... a '68 Dart's in the shop now,but the mig welders' gonna' get some use.I think nearly all the good stuff is long gone!

I dont think Mopars are "mature" enough for you??
Maybe you need to "adjust " your standards...:rolleyes::poke:
Oh and how bout posting a "want ad" instead of a "whine" ad.
I have one, but I'm immature.

20171008_161138.jpg

I Craigslist has pretty much dried up as far as cars go, Bummer.

Much of that reason is the irritating the useless "Phlakebook Marketpharce"

Everybody has migrated there, and it BLOWS. and it SUCKS. Search feature blows, you can't find what you want, and the distance search feature is nearly useless

There are plenty out there but it seems people are sitting on them. I have a super nice 71 swinger im sitting on because I know I will never find another one as clean and rust free as this one.
Yep, plenty of rusted out junk listed for big bucks. Sadly its a bit late to be getting into the game unless you have deep pockets.

I was disappointed too when I was looking for my Dart. All I have ever wanted was a 68 dart 2 door post car with a small block and a 4 speed. I found out that car did not fit within my budget, not even close. I decided to adjust my expectations and now I own a clean 68 dart 4 door 360/727 and I also have a 68 dart 2 door post shell. Once I find a 4 speed I will swap everything over to build the car I have always wanted and also be within my budget. I already have a couple hundred (maybe a couple thousand) hours invested into the project but I get a smile on my face each time I drive it.
I will see 4 door v8 autos relatively affordable every once in a while online but they don't last long either. Who knew A bodies would ever be "desirable" cars?

These babies are 50-60 years old now, and most have gone to the great beyond and become Campbell's soup cans. Whatever is still readily available is either already built/restored or an overpriced "I'm sitting on a gold mine" rusty shell that'll end up going to the scrapyard when they don't get their price.
Ya gotta get out and beat the bushes. You can't just rely on Cracklist. Or Marketplace. Or Kijiji, or Ebay. Get out, talk to people, and be willing to expand your circle and travel. That's the only way anything is going to happen. And honestly, you may need to become receptive to the idea of something other than an A body. F/M/Js are still undervalued, and can be an equally fun car. And Dakotas, especially early ones. Similar sizes, weights and the same powertrains will fit.
Git goin'. It's not going to get any easier, or any cheaper.

In the long run moreoney for a so cal, AZ, or NV car will be worth it.

Remember RVERYTHING costs more money.

The last time I had radiator work done was In the 80s imagine my surprise at the cost
For a rodding out of a stock radiator.

Let me put it this way the first diget was not a 1 and it was 3 figures.

These babies are 50-60 years old now, and most have gone to the great beyond and become Campbell's soup cans. Whatever is still readily available is either already built/restored or an overpriced "I'm sitting on a gold mine" rusty shell that'll end up going to the scrapyard when they don't get their price.
Ya gotta get out and beat the bushes. You can't just rely on Cracklist. Or Marketplace. Or Kijiji, or Ebay. Get out, talk to people, and be willing to expand your circle and travel. That's the only way anything is going to happen. And honestly, you may need to become receptive to the idea of something other than an A body. F/M/Js are still undervalued, and can be an equally fun car. And Dakotas, especially early ones. Similar sizes, weights and the same powertrains will fit.
Git goin'. It's not going to get any easier, or any cheaper.
Exactly!
I keep my eye open during the off season just in case but one of the best places to find a nice car is at a all Mopar car show. There is usually a nice selection in the ar corral but it sure doesn't hurt to ask a owner of one in the show field. May be he has a few two many and would sell one or know where there is one for sale. Also, you need your money ready whenever you find that car. Get ready to pull the trigger!

Where did the OP go? He started this thread and checked out. Look at all the keystrokes we wasted! :lol::popcorn:

All I see are slant 6 buckets of crap for sale for $5000 and up. It’s crazy. Rarely see a V8 A body for sale.
Yep pretty soon it's like nothing but cars you would turn your nose up at in the 90's...and they want five grand for'em now. I refuse.

Dont give up.
I find that things pop up when you least expect it.
Those V-8 A Bodies are out there, just need to wait it out. Somewhere, someone is thinking about selling theirs.
Best of luck.
Joe

Looks like I should get busy with some ads then! LOL

I seen a really cool a 65 or so 100 van project that had a 72 340 in it for like 2800 bucks...

It had some drip rail rust holes but I could have easily patched all that **** and went through getting the motor running and brakes solid for next to nothing.

Just hauled this old gal home today. But if I recall correctly, the OP doesn't want a project car. He's posted about this before; he wants a nearly done car and willing to pay $20k.
9O6fkLx3Rjins7Vxtgx%IA.jpg

I dont think Mopars are "mature" enough for you??
Maybe you need to "adjust " your standards...:rolleyes::poke:
Oh and how bout posting a "want ad" instead of a "whine" ad.
I have one, but I'm immature.

View attachment 1715861817
I'm mature enough for a mopar. I tried posting a want ad but for some reason it wouldn't let me. You have a nice barracuda but how many thousands of dollars do you have in it? Pretty soon I'll start looking for a mustang or a nova. I don't go by mopar or no car.

Took me a year and a half to find my silver Barracuda. I found it using a nationwide Craigslist search engine. And I had to travel to get it.

Keep your eyes open, one will pop up!!
Been looking 3 years, getting tired of looking

I'm not going to pay big bucks for a car that needs thousands of dollars when I can get one that's done
I'm not saying your expectations aren't realistic, I'm just trying to refresh everyone's memory. You've asked about this before and it seemed like your "must haves" definitely aligned with your price range. It's unfortunate you haven't been able to find anything.

-
Back