No Decent A Bodies

-
You paid not much more than pocket change for your car. Was it a roller? Ate up with rust or didn't the person know what they had? $1,900 is hard to believe. I don't blame you for getting it you could easily sell it for 5 times what you paid for it. I'm not that lucky to find a car that's pretty much free.
The car ran and drove nice, steer with one finger, nice interior.
I just done some minor stuff to it, clean old car.
It was real close to you.

Sure glad no one took me up on my Dart now that I see the current prices. Guess I'll keep the old girl and at least it's still an original big block 4 speed car not a converted /6 jobbie.

Keep your eyes in iowa also. Some good cars up there. I found mine 4 years ago 2300 bucks came w 1k worth of new susp and brake parts. It was also a twister and the guy was 2nd owner. Plus you could look at gateway classic cars. Btw i drove 9hrs each way to get it. It was to good to pass on

Screenshot_20170524-190624.png

Keep your eyes in iowa also. Some good cars up there. I found mine 4 years ago 2300 bucks came w 1k worth of new susp and brake parts. It was also a twister and the guy was 2nd owner. Plus you could look at gateway classic cars. Btw i drove 9hrs each way to get it. It was to good to pass on

View attachment 1715863441
Iowa cars are the ones to avoid as they are known as being rust buckets. They are guy's that come to Missouri to buy their cars

View attachment 1715863197 If you can't find a decent A-body in your price range, no matter what that figure may be, you aren't really trying. I could find forty cars in about an hour on FB Marketplace I would like to look at, IF I was looking. Last thing in the world I wanted right now was a damn Duster, but for $700 I am going to get it on road for 21yr old son. V8 and actually pretty darn clean for Northern Ohio.
I've been on FB market place and your mistaken about there being 40 cars on there in my price range. I would say that at least 90% of the cars on there are project cars. I've explained several times why I don't want a project car, i don't have the funds or tools, knowledge, space to do major body work on a car. I know that it won't be flawless for my budget but I can't believe that I shouldn't be able to find one that doesn't need to of body work. And also I can't travel 6,8 hours what ever one way to look as this takes away from what I can pay for the car. I'm not trying to make / find excuses, just stating the hard cold facts. I didn't know that my spine was bad till in my 50's and by then I did even more damage to it. So I hope that you all can now understand why I'm looking for a car the way I am.

Sure glad no one took me up on my Dart now that I see the current prices. Guess I'll keep the old girl and at least it's still an original big block 4 speed car not a converted /6 jobbie.
People are asking over inflated prices for their cars. A bodies are not worth what most are asking.

People are asking over inflated prices for their cars. A bodies are not worth what most are asking.
Yes and no. It depends if you are buying or selling and somehow you need to meet in the middle. Lots of if's. If you have the shop, if you have the ability, if you have the time, you can buy a cheap builder and make it nice. If you don't pay yourself you will have close to the same price as a done car.

What is your budget for a decent driver? U have to realize these are 50 year old cars. The nice ones do command decent money. U have to get with the times. Maybe lower your expectations some. Kim

What is your budget for a decent driver? U have to realize these are 50 year old cars. The nice ones do command decent money. U have to get with the times. Maybe lower your expectations some. Kim
I thinking 22k tops. Yes, I may have to lower my expectations.

Let's not turn this into a sale thread fellas. Thanks

Well, there's nothing in the autos for sale section and I don't see anything wrong with the fellas giving me leads on cars for sale. Don't mean to be disrespectful
Giving you leads is what this thread is all about. Selling our own cars to you is a issue. We don't sell cars in non-sale threads.

^^^I lived up in N. Mo. years back. It was 1 hr. out of Kansas City and another half hour to South part of town where seemed like most lived. I was always amused when I had an old Mopar project for sale, and they guys called on it from there. They would not drive an hour and half to look at a 69 Roadrunner or Charger or whatever. They expected to find one on there block or a coupe over. But back in the 90s I guess there were more around!!
I called one day on an ad in the KC paper on a big block 66 Charger. The guy said no one would drive that hour to look at it. He was about 45 minutes from me. I found a perfect car, that came out of N. Ca., absolute survivor. Needed nothing, drive like new. This was about 2002 or 3. The guy had developed a bad heart condition and had a difibulator, and just wanted to sold, $5000. I felt was a bargain for such a car. and it was. This happened a lot back then. Wish it did today!
City guys! ha

They are out there, a friend of mine has his dads 68 340 S car, it still has most of its original paint, with a few primer spots. I bet I could buy it for 6K.
Its a complete car, just sitting out in the weather now.
Miss yesteryear!! I had a 68 GTS, 340, no power steering, no power brakes, factory dual point, all stock, I bought it on a Ford dealer lot in 1971 for $1900. had 17K miles, did not run well, took it to a mopar mechanic friend and said make this car run, when I got it back, WOW! what a fun car to drive, ENJOY!!

I thinking 22k tops. Yes, I may have to lower my expectations.

Dan, I know it’s frustrating but try to cowboy up a little and don’t be so negative. I feel your pain on the medical problems btw, the last several years I’ve been having surgery more often than my car gets an oil change…. so I get it. I’m glad you’re getting a lot of help here.

A year ago I bought a reasonably solid, running 1967 Dart GT 318/auto for $5k to use as my daily driver on offer up. I had been looking for a year. It needs a lot work to be pretty, but was the best I could do. I chuckled when you mentioned people being rich… I wish I had your budget!

Offer up, Craigslist, and Facebook marketplace are good sources when searching. Also, joining Mopar/ A-body groups on Facebook is a good way to hear about cars for sale. Keep hunting and don’t give up!

F2EDF5D5-6293-449C-B4AB-BCF5A60C44CA.jpeg

I'm not even gonna say what I paid for Vixen. Yall all know how broke we always are, so use your imagination. lol

Last Mopar I purchased was about 10 years ago and I found it on Craigslist. I had to fly from Central California to the Seattle, Washington area to see it, purchase it, and drive it home. Unfortunately, I paid the asking price (which was not a good value).

1965 Ply Valiant Signet foto.jpg

-
Back