No emergencies, but request some prayers

-

greymouser7

Vagrant Vagabond “Veni Vidi Vici”
Reaction score
I am driving 1100 miles home to San Antonio when I get off of work this evening-trading off driving duties with the wife for sleep/baby duties.

The second request for leave/vacation starts this evening vice last Friday.
They rejected the initial request for time off that left me with a reasonable time to make it home.

This is the first L O N G trip with the baby. The wife insists on leaving in the evening while the baby is tired/will sleep vice early tomorrow morning.

I know it doesn't sound like a good plan, but it's what I got to work with.

I plan on stopping frequenly if the ladies need it. We have a rule that we switch off or pull over when we are too tired. And I insist that rest stops are not very safe so it's usually at a gas station/restaurant (well lit parking lot). Hotels are an option as well.

I am not worried about me or Kate, just the crazies on the road; luckily there shouldn't be any snow or ice.

thanks

At least there shouldnt be a ton of crazies out during the time youll be traveling

A word of advise though...dont try too tough it out...stop and switch when needed

I remember making a long trip through the night once and i got so tired i wasnt thinking straight...i came up with the great idea of not going to sleep but just closing one eye at a time

Another terrible idea is running the cruise controll at 60 MPH while driving at 75...then if you dose off the car will slow down and the gentle nudge of the cruice controll kicking in once you drop under 60 should wake you up...but dont ask me how i know

Traveled a lot of 1000 mile trips.... keep it roll'n and you'll be there in 16 hours. Leaving at night is what we did when hour kids were young. They sleep the full nite and it will pay big dividends the last 8 hrs. Enjoy the trip, many times I find the trip better than the destination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got it buddy. Merry Christmas.

I sure hope you brought a firearm with you for self-defense. You need to check the laws in the states that you are traveling through. Texas is fairly lenient with their laws

Just stop at a hotel for a little sleep if neither of you is honestly awake enough to drive. Sometimes it's hard to sleep in a car, so it could happen. I guarantee your family would rather have you there a little later than to be unsafe. Happy travels.

EDIT: Oops, I guess you're probably already driving. Well... Merry Christmas.

Best wishes sent. Take your time,and be patient. You know how to deal,with adverse situations. Merry Christmas....

I'll let you take my mom with you. She talks all the time and you will never have a moments peace.

Prayers sent! Stay warm, here in MN the temp tonight is gonna be the coldest of the year....-22 below actual temp....stay safe bud :glasses7:

Praying for Safe travel for you and you family ........ just did that this year bringing my daughter back from California ........36 straight hours two babies. Just don't push your limits. Have a Merry Christmas !!!

-
Back