No Fuel Pressure after driving car.

-
New 3/8th sending unit arrived. Fits in tank nice. After doing a search on FABO I found a place that has a no vent/return style so I will be sending this back to summit. $10 lost in shipping I suppose and another week car being down.

IMG_20170708_153537.jpg

IMG_20170708_153548.jpg

IMG_20170708_161419.jpg

Last edited:
The 3/8 sending unit without return arrived today and looks like it will work nice. I plan to use the original lock ring. Install will have to wait until after Carlisle.

IMG_20170712_230008.jpg

IMG_20170712_225934.jpg

IMG_20170712_225942.jpg

Tank is in everything hooked up. With dry lines carb and fuel pump how much cranking do I have to do get fuel to carb and fuel pressure? Cranked it good 1 min every 20 seconds at a time and nothing. 5 gal in tank.

Tank is in everything hooked up. With dry lines carb and fuel pump how much cranking do I have to do get fuel to carb and fuel pressure? Cranked it good 1 min every 20 seconds at a time and nothing. 5 gal in tank.
Did you verify the pickup tube reached the bottom of the tank after it was fully installed with the lock ring? If not it can be several inches off the bottom and thus there may not be enough gas in the tank

Did you verify the pickup tube reached the bottom of the tank after it was fully installed with the lock ring? If not it can be several inches off the bottom and thus there may not be enough gas in the tank
I attached a photo above and it is definitely on bottom of tank. I probably need to get some fuel in carb bowls and maybe some in fuel filter then run it and hopefully it will prime. My current fuel line setup

IMG_20170714_233047.jpg

Choke closed will help create a bit of vacuum to pull the fuel from the tank. You may have a pump/eccentric issue as well. After sitting a few months mine always takes about 30-40 seconds to pull some fuel up to the carb.

Some more photos
Choke closed will help create a bit of vacuum to pull the fuel from the tank. You may have a pump/eccentric issue as well. After sitting a few months mine always takes about 30-40 seconds to pull some fuel up to the carb.
CHOKE?? that was first thing I removed from carb!. Any way after spending all day at Carlisle I drove back got my turkey baster injector and injected fuel into metering rod area. Got it to idle and shot pressure into my tank from air hose. Bam! 5psi and took it on a 2 mile drive! Added 6 More Gallons of 93 in tank no leaks. New carb out of box has car running like a dream.

-
Back