No fuel too my 65 cuda

-

piperdrums

Reaction score
My 65 Cuda has been sitting for about 2weeks. The fuel filter is empty and I can't seem too get fuel to the carb. It has a new fuel pump and was pumping fuel before I let it sit. Is this common after the car sits? Help.

Check the "sock"/filter on the gas tank sending unit in the gas tank. It may be clogged or sometimes they "dissolve" and clog the intake.

Don't use a new lock ring on the sending unit, they will not seal, save the old round collar lock ring if you consider changing anything back there.

also if you disconnect the fuel line at the tank, also disconnect it at the fuel pump and blast some compressed air through to make sure that there are no clogs in there either.

My 65 Cuda has been sitting for about 2weeks. The fuel filter is empty and I can't seem too get fuel to the carb. It has a new fuel pump and was pumping fuel before I let it sit. Is this common after the car sits? Help.
This happened to me once. Turned out that old fuel had turned hard in the sending unit. Tried several different chemicals to dissolve the stuff out. Was OK after that. Pull the hose before the pump and see if you can suck gas through it. That's how I discovered the problem.

Not enough history provided so I'll just throw a wild guess...
The rubber fuel hose from tube at frame rail to the pump is original and now it's clogged or cracked.

-
Back