No, PST doesn't always resolve problems satisfactorily

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we're bringin stuff up from YEARS ago? Seriously? I think some of yall need a wambulance. If I had been James I wouldda told yall to jump in the lake.

Now we're bringin stuff up from YEARS ago? Seriously? I think some of yall need a wambulance. If I had been James I wouldda told yall to jump in the lake.
I agree, but tomorrow if i buy parts from whatever vendor, i would like to know im getting what i paid for. Tear car apart, find the supplied part is incorrect or defective and have to wait for replacement or customer satisfaction for months is unacceptable.
That would end a very short business relationship for me. Only gotta burn me once.
I sold parts for 9 years, been bolting em on all my life.
Dont drag your feet if you wanna make a good impression...

Customer service is not their forte. I was on the phone with their customer service/ tech and he was telling one of the guys that I got one of the old pivot shafts that they had problems with breaking. I tried to talk, but he had me on mute and didn't realize I could hear everything he was saying. I also called twice and left messages for customer service to see if I could get refunded for the stuff in the kit I didn't use and then again no reply. I'm ok with the T bars, but the rest of the stuff in the kit wasn't the quality I expected from this company. I won't be doing business with them again and I would have huge reservations recommending them. It appears they're ok with that.

I am prompted to post this email chain I had with PST after another "PST Concerns" thread was abruptly closed by a moderator. I had purchased their Greasable Pivot Shafts and when I received them they simply didn't fit into either of the 2 K-Frames I have. Period.

This problem was also mentioned not too long ago in another thread:

As per the following email chain with James, I brought the problem to PST's attention, shipped the shafts back and asked for my money back. After 8 months of getting the "Customer Service Rope-a-dope" from PST ("Didn't Dan contact you?","Never got your email", "Don't see the problem" etc), I just got fed up and suggested he send me a couple of their (shitty) fender covers for my Hundred bucks, as my request for a refund was simply ignored.

Since then, I have purchased their 1.03 Bars and Adjustable strut rods, which arrived and went in just fine so this isn't a general condemnation of PST. HOWEVER, I can attest to the fact that when folks have problems with PST products, their response can be pretty damn far from "Let's give him a refund and figure out what's wrong", "Customer is always right", or even "Let's make it right to encourage future business" etc. More like "Ignore/deny it until it goes away"

-----Original Message-----

Sent: March-06-15 6:22 AM

To: “Dusterdenovo”

Subject: Re: FW: Greasable Pivot Shafts

Hello Larry,

I will shipping the fender covers out shortly.

Thanks

James

Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 4:29pm

To: [email protected],

No offense taken. Just offering what I think would be a mutually agreeable resolution.

Thanks, Larry

Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 15:59:35

Hi Larry,

My intentions was not to offend you. I was just letting you know what I found. I am working with management on where we are going to go from here. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

James

Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 3:35pm

Hi James:

All I can tell you is that I have 2 K frames that the shafts did not fit properly in to. If they worked, they would already be in my car.

Why don't you just send me a couple of fender covers to replace them and we call it a day then?

Thanks, Larry

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 13:18:57

Hi Larry,

Sorry that it has taken so long to get back to you about the pivot shaft. It has been so terribly cold here and finding the time on the weekend to put them in my Duster has been tough. I can't seem to see the issue that you are having. I did not install them in the arm, but I did install them in the k-frame ( V-8 K frame) with no issue. I then pulled from our stock a set of the OE style non greasable pivot shafts to compare them side by side and take measurements. They match identically to the oe stlye. The only difference is the over all length as the greasable is longer and the portion that goes into the bushing is different as the greasable is to be used less the inner shell.

Thanks

James

Sent: Tuesday, February 3, 2015 1:50pm

OK, thanks James.

I'll wait to hear back from you.

Cheers, Larry

Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 13:13:53

Subject: RE: FW: Greasable Pivot Shafts

Hello Larry,

I got the pivot shafts today. Thank you for sending them to me. I plan to take them to my personal shop this weekend to fit them to my car (72 Duster) to see if I can see where the issue is.

Thanks

James

Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:58pm

To: [email protected]

Hi James:

I got a UPS shipping label, if that's what you mean.

The box will be dropped off at a UPS station in Washington this weekend.

Thanks, Larry

Sent: January-22-15 12:48 PM

Larry,

Did you get the call tag?

Thanks

James

Sent: Friday, January 16, 2015 1:02am

Subject: FW: Greasable Pivot Shafts

Hello James:

I sent this message to you last Friday (January 9)-not sure why you didn't receive it, but here it is again.

If you review the below thread from last summer, I explained my problem with the Pivot shafts that they don't fit into the K-Frame. I wasn't talking about the end that fits into the PG bushing, I was talking about the threaded end.

I never ever did hear from "Dan", as I explained in my last reply. You guys just let this die. I paid $100 for shafts that don't work, the point of bringing this to your attention was that I wanted my money back because they don't fit. I just picked up another K-Frame, and they don't fit that one either. The shafts are wrong.

Please contact me back about my refund. Happy to explain to you anything you need clarified, supply pictures whatever.

Thanks, Larry

Sent: June-18-14 10:28 PM

Subject: RE: Greasable Pivot Shafts

Hi James:

Congratulations on the new arrival. Life is over as you know it!

I used my original shells (discussed below), just pushed the bushings in by hand, then pressed the shafts into the bushings. Everything looked just the same as your picture. I'm not sure, but the shafts may possibly have been binding on the front smaller hole of the K frame, but not sure. They just (both sides) stopped about 1/8" back from where they needed to be.

Then the control arms just slipped off of the bushings (shafts and bushings stayed together pretty snugly) as I was trying to tighten up the fwd strut bushings. They were that slippery. Decided not to proceed as I seemed to be playing an all around bad hand.

No, I never heard from the other chap.

Thanks, Larry

Sent: June-18-14 5:48 AM

Hello Larry,

I am doing a follow up to your email. Did Dan from our customer service get in contact with you ? Normally this is something that I would handle but I have been out of the office this past week as my wife had our first child. The greasable shafts are designed to be exactly the same in fit and form as the originals except for the portion that is installed into the lower control arm bushing. That portion is larger in diameter than stock because they are used with our polygraphite bushing with less the inner bushing sleeve. Fitting into the k member should have not been an issue. As for the issue of the bushing and the shell. Did you press the shell in first and then the bushing, then the shaft? I just did one recently here and had no issue with install. Attached is a photo. Was your seated like this one prior to installation into the K member ?

Thanks

James

Sent: Monday, June 9, 2014 1:54am

Hi James:

So I want to run this by you: today I installed my assembled Left side lower control arm with the greasable pivot shaft. The new shaft is bigger dia. than the original such that it won't seat all the way forward in the K member. I reefed the hell out of the nut and it's still about 1/8" back of where it needs to be. Also, while I was doing this, the LCA (outer shell) slid back off the bushing/shaft about 1/4" so there isn't much friction there keeping things together. I haven't put the torsion bar in yet, which I understand from previous email that it should help hold everything together.

Is this common? Any thoughts or ideas about the shaft fitting into the (original 6 banger) K Member?

Thanks in advance,

Larry

My issue was a couple of months ago. I don't think I need a "wambulance" whatever that is.

I posted this information because I thought it may be of value to some members, and at least a couple of recent threads indicate the problem(s) still persist to some degree. Folks can decide for themselves whether to put stock in the info or not. If it's of no value to you then perhaps just keep moving....

Normally I think RRR is a bit "over the top" but this time he is right on. I also had a small business but to try to get a refund for a YEARS ago issue sucks! Come on .....move on already and stop trying to take advantage of the situation.

I am sure I ain't alone here. I'm tired of hearin about your bullshit problems. They already closed one thread down. If I want to buy somethin from PST, I'm buyin it and no amount of whinin from anybody will change my mind. Yall just shut up about it already. This is ancient news.

I don’t expect or want anything from PST. I don’t know why this guy is getting so upset. Lmfaooo

QUOTE="Dusterdenovo, post: 1972155234, member: 23505"]Who's trying to get a refund?[/QUOTE]

I think everybody has the right to start a thread about just about anything in this board. Car related to personal issues. Arguing and insulting isn't neccessary. We all have the ability not to read it it. If we read it, we can make our own opinion about the topic. But like it or not, it's an open board. Try to stay civil guys.

I agree and would expect a little more professionalism from a forum technical editor.

I think everybody has s right to start a thread about just about anything in this board. Car related to personal issues. Arguing and insulting isn't neccessary. We all have the ability not to read it it. If we read it, we can make our own opinion about the topic. But like it it not, it's an open board. Try to stay civil guys.

I am sure I ain't alone here. I'm tired of hearin about your bullshit problems. They already closed one thread down. If I want to buy somethin from PST, I'm buyin it and no amount of whinin from anybody will change my mind. Yall just shut up about it already. This is ancient news.

Nobody's telling you or anyone else to "do" anything.

Funny thing, I was thinking about your post #26 above and it occurred to me that even though it's true that everybody loves a brilliant cut-down, at the end of the day all that post did was bring this thread back to the top of the list so maybe another 50 people have a look at it. Next thing you know, you're going to need a bigger wambulance.

Seems like the smart business decision, would be to just issue a refund.
Why get dragged through the mudd for a couple bucks ?

And to the OP
After your experience, why on earth would you buy another part from them ?
Mind boggling.

Last edited:
As I said, I once had a customer service issue with PST, but that won't stop me from trying to use them again in the future.
No one is perfect (certainly not me either).

Jeff

Send the K back with them and ask WTF...now send me my K back...

if the customer isn't happy or satisfied , just do the right thing and either make it right or give him back his money. it's really that ******* simple. this wouldn't even be a thing if that had been done nor would we know it even happened.

I hope the other people from your area have better manners than you do. You can be helpful with technical issues, but the way you talk to people here is pathetic. If you didn't have an issue, and you didn't have a great experience to tell us about, why get on this thread, and start insulting people?

The problem / defect I am referring to is the size of the section of the shaft that goes into the K Frame. Nothing to do with the LCA bushing.

Do you have any calipers or micrometers to measure the new and old shaft with? to compare the differences in diameter??

The post from Dan K was taken down because he had signed up on all 4 forums and proceeded to spam each one with 4 threads( one in general, one is tech and so on) each with a copy and paste of the same message. All the admin did was remove the duplicates. The original was kept of the FEBO as his car was a Challenger. Here is the link if you would like to follow:

Problem with PST Suspension

This is not an uncommon practice by any small company. Many times even after a new product is done (engineer and test fitting) a company will install them on multiple vehicles prior to putting them up for sales. When we first designed our pivot shafts we worked with and engineering firm on the blue prints, testing and fitting which was years prior to this complaint and since that time sold numerous pairs with no issue. So when the customers complaint came in we called tagged (prepaid shipping label) the pivot shafts and bought them in house for evaluation. At that time I personally checked them against our blue prints and found them ito be correct. So at that point I took them home to fit them to my 72 Duster (which is at my shop with no heat at the time (winter) and it is 20 miles away from my house so with children that are toddlers can be difficult to get away) to see if we could replicate the customers issue which I was unable to do. They installed correctly and torqued down properly without and issue. The hard part here is we could not replicate the customers issue and with not being with him and experiencing his problem makes it difficult to resolve the issue.

Thanks
James From

How were the shafts engineered/designed??? Did you reverse engineer them or get a hold of blueprints for the k-frame and design to those???

If reverse engineered, how do you know if the part that you used to design to was built to nominal and not at one end of tolerance or the other????

What quality control checks do you have in the process??? How often are the parts checked??? How do you check them, attribute or variable gauges???

Do you do SPC??? How capable is your process??? What are your Cp and Cpk numbers??? How do you quarantine out of spec parts???

I hope the other people from your area have better manners than you do. You can be helpful with technical issues, but the way you talk to people here is pathetic. If you didn't have an issue, and you didn't have a great experience to tell us about, why get on this thread, and start insulting people?
Rusty can be abrasive, but he's a good guy way way down deep!

Jeff

Do you have any calipers or micrometers to measure the new and old shaft with? to compare the differences in diameter??

I have a digital caliper, but no I didn't do that.

The measuring tools I used were the 2 A body KFrames that these shafts are supposed to fit into, the way the stock ones do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back