no rear seat belts in my 64 Valiant?

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
Lifted the seat to find the rear seat belts and there was none. Does anyone make seat belts that appear stock for front and rear in light turquoise? Fronts are a bit stained. Id like to have nice belts if there are some out there, thanks.
Chas.

I just got some 4 web ,chrome lift latch rear belts for my 64' B body from Seat Belts Plus. Just a heads up, there is a color difference from the 4 to 7 panel webbing. 4 Web was a much better match to my cars Legendary turquoise interior. They have the fronts as well.

Seatbelts were not standard till 1965 I believe...so in 64 they probably didn’t have them unless someone put them in or it was ordered that way

Up here, if I remember right seatbelts became mandatory in 1969.
My 68 Barracuda had none, but during the resto-mod, I found that the anchors were all there ..... so I installed the 1969 lap-belts that I already had in the attic.

My '66 Barracudas have all had rear seat belts. Look around for a parts car that has a set. They should fit right into your '64, although you may need to drill mounting holes in the floor and reinforce the sheet metal so they don't pull out at the worst time!

I just got a 1964 Dart GT convertible project car and when removing the rear seat it had factory seat belt bolts in the floor pan so it may not have been mandatory back then but it seems the sure we’re contemplating it coming

Make sure your anchor bolts match the new belts if you go that route. Mine were too big to fit aftermarket belts. Or plan on buying the bolts. 65 barracuda

Have you tried cleaning your belts? I used Oil Eater and a sponge

dirty belt.jpg

clean belt.jpg

belt holes.jpg

Last edited:
I believe that the rear seat belts were a separate extra cost option in 64. So were the front belts, but they were a much more common to add. Did you find the welded in place nuts under the seat to mount the belts?

They were optional. My 64 Does not have them either. I have no plans to add them.

-
Back