No THANK you!!!

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
So I was lookin' around at abandoned transmitter sites and came across something I hadn't thought of for years, the old "Radio Caroline" pirate radio broadcast ship.

Can you IMAGINE climbing a 300' tower while rockin' and rollin' on a ship? No, not me.

ss9xykwT.jpg

ross%20revenge.jpg

I don't think i could clime that no matter what it was bolted to.......lol.

What's that part under the ship, a keel? That thing must be pretty deep.

What happened to it. I say we all move to California and start hippie commune. We're old enough to do it now and not get caught. Hey Don't bogart the Geritol.

I'd climb that sucker in a heart beat! I've climbed many transmission line towers that tall or taller. I always loved climbing steel towers. It's a lot easier than climbing poles, because theres plenty of places to step, and you don't have to wear climbers. :D

The height doesn't bother me, but me and large bodies of water are not friends, the water would be the definite deal breaker.

Not a chance. I don't even like getting on my 18' garage roof to service my antennas.

One has to wonder how good the antenna radiation pattern was when that thing was rockin' n' rollin out there at sea.......................

I bet if you are far away, the signal would come and go, lol

-
Back