No to bad for being out of the car

-
Man I sucked it up bad today with 20,000.00 on the line. .006 red right on the dial. Buyback the car slowed .05 and a terrible .030 light. Starting again racing with no time trials at 8am for day two.
You are thinking about it too much.
Just do your thing and the cash will come. :thumbsup:

This heat every single week can beat you up. Especially us old, fat, out of shape guys. Heat getting packed ready to go, heat getting here, and heat all weekend long.

You gonna be alright, bring a towel and wipe your face before ya stage , and then drill that a__ , lol

7CB5A682-F772-431B-BB90-930C4C37FB6E.jpeg
Well will no time trial and having a car that slowed up .05 on me yesterday the last person I wanted to get first round was Bubba Black. Anyone on the East Coast that attends big money bracket races or watches them online knows this guy. I ran the weather and humidity was up altitude was down so I left the 6.22 on the window and pulled out a close one. He came up and introduced himself after the race and we bs’d for 30 minutes. I’m sure he will be buying back and into the late hours tonight.

Either of those losing passes should win 99% of the time. They would be 100% winners at my tracks out here.

not around here with a box in the car.
A 31 package might win MAYBE 50% of the time.
Probably 80-85% of the time without a box. I am talking our weekly bracket program, big dollar race, not even 50% of the time. I watched the million dollar race. Never seen more 15 and under packages in my life.
Most of the dragsters at our track( which are mostly what you see) are 0’s and teens on the tree and dead or 1 off. Pretty much the same elsewhere. I watch a lot of racing, and do my share as well, most years
Remember John is racing with a box.

I forgot about the box. Our typical turnout for the summit series at my local eighth track is (was) pathetic, probably less than a hundred cars. The last race i went to, there was a total of four cars using a box. I cant relate.
And I think there is a total dragster count at our summit series race of......one.
I take that back, there may be two.

3447C6C5-D26E-4CFF-8FAA-E45EC1A59636.jpeg
Long 12 hour day and I had a little brain fade for my worst light of the weekend in the 4th round. I was really zoomed in and as we went to stage they backed us up to fly down the track to pick something up. One more shot tomorrow then the drive home.

Probably 80-85% of the time without a box. I am talking our weekly bracket program, big dollar race, not even 50% of the time. I watched the million dollar race. Never seen more 15 and under packages in my life.
Most of the dragsters at our track( which are mostly what you see) are 0’s and teens on the tree and dead or 1 off. Pretty much the same elsewhere. I watch a lot of racing, and do my share as well, most years

Come to Keystone and you will think differently. Our no box guys are just as tough as box guys, and with good reason. Lots of them have adjustable transbrake buttons. Another reason is most of them double class. This give them Four time trials instead of two, two first rounds, and in most some cases two buybacks if needed. These guys make so many hits it’s not funny, and practice make perfect. I’ll try to find last nights no box winning pass from last night at Keystone

CEC11C53-D0A0-4CBD-A5C9-F1C63F4B85ED.jpeg

Come on over and play with these guys

View attachment 1715578775

Come on over and play with these guys

No thanks. No box in my ride.
I dont really like doing anything but footbraking.
That is challenging enough for me against guys using brakes that race points every week.
Not trying to dog ya guy. Just stating a fact, a 28 light around here wont win much in Top ET/ box class, what ever you want to call it.
An earlier poster seemed to think it would. Anybody who races much knows better. That was all my point was.
Our track has won the divisional finals all but one year in recent memory. Lots of very good local racers. One of them was in the final of the 1.1 million SFG race at my track earlier this season

Last edited:
69242660-F8B0-4ACD-845E-BCF0FAC5F7C5.jpeg
Did I ever tell you guys drag racing sucks. Big head wind today and Dragway 42 with the hills on both sides of the track is like a wind tunnel. Seeing that and being the first group out I dialed up to a 6.23. During the National Anthem the wind got even crazier so I dialed up to a 6.24 and it bit me in the butt. Ohhh well with a mid afternoon rain moving in I had my mind set on if I lost I’m loading up and heading home. I slowly loaded up (almost to slow) and the rain and lightning moved in just as I pulled out. There just happens to be a Popeyes Chicken 13 miles up the road at a truck stop.

Well you what they say : Some days you're the Dog and some days you're the Hydrant.
Better Luck next time

You're still living the dream, instead of watching it. I'm pulling for you from behind my keyboard. Still working on my street 70 Swinger 340.

You're still living the dream, instead of watching it. I'm pulling for you from behind my keyboard. Still working on my street 70 Swinger 340.

I had a big choice to make in July. With this heat every weekend I had to either get myself in better shape or stay home in this heat. Before I even think about heading to the shop I go for a morning walk. I’m now up to 2.5 miles a day and although not much I’m down 16 pounds since early July. I have a long ways to go weigh wise but the walking is making my endurance better for these long race weekends. They can take a toll on you.

-
Back