No Turn Signal With Lights On

-

Ricks70Duster340

Child of the King
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I do not drive my car at night so not sure how long this has been happening. I recently turned my lights on to check the headlight aim and while doing so went around to ensure the TS lights were working. The exterior TS lights work fine after turning off the headlights. All lights (except for the headlights) are LED's and I am using the special LED flasher (has a ground wire).

Any thoughts?

Turn off the headlights when you need to turn....

I do not drive my car at night so not sure how long this has been happening. I recently turned my lights on to check the headlight aim and while doing so went around to ensure the TS lights were working. The exterior TS lights work fine after turning off the headlights. All lights (except for the headlights) are LED's and I am using the special LED flasher (has a ground wire).

Any thoughts?

Light switch maybe.... Does the wiring for the TS run through the switch?

In theory the turn sigs have no connection to the lighting except the parking lights "common ground" That is where I'd start--the grounding at the lamp sockets and the lamps themselves to the sockets

Light switch maybe.... Does the wiring for the TS run through the switch?
In theory the turn sigs have no connection to the lighting except the parking lights "common ground" That is where I'd start--the grounding at the lamp sockets and the lamps themselves to the sockets
After I wrote my question I remembered that I installed the headlight kit that Crackedback sold me. I may disconnect that and see if the situation changes.

I would check for poor socket grounding or wrong or bad bulbs. Bad bulbs can have more than just "burn out." One problem is sometimes one filament will "weld" to the other, so if power is on either circuit, it will feed to the other circuit, "backfeed" through the wiring through the other circuit, and cause that to be live when it shouldn't A wrong bulb such as an 1156 back up lamp "jammed" into a turn/ stop/ tail socket can do similar

To check socket grounds, set up the problem then take a test light or meter and securely ground one probe. Stab the other probe onto the socket shell and see if there is any power indication.

-
Back