No vent windows?

-

danmc77

Reaction score
Somebody over on BBD.com posted this question, and now my curiosity is piqued...

I never noticed this before, but apparently the door vent windows were eliminated, or at least made an option in '73 and up. Has anybody here eliminated the vent windows on a 67-69 Dart? I've decided I'm doing it on my 68, but would love to see some pics.

With only doing about 15 minutes worth of investigative work so far, it looks like I can get a set of complete vent-less doors from a 73&up Dart, and just bolt them up. Other than that, I've found that the roof rail weatherstrip and the side window ws would need to be replaced.

Other than pictures, does anybody know about this swap, and if so, is it as easy as swapping the doors and a couple of weatherstrip pieces?

Thanks,
Dan

Somebody over on BBD.com posted this question, and now my curiosity is piqued...

I never noticed this before, but apparently the door vent windows were eliminated, or at least made an option in '73 and up. Has anybody here eliminated the vent windows on a 67-69 Dart? I've decided I'm doing it on my 68, but would love to see some pics.

With only doing about 15 minutes worth of investigative work so far, it looks like I can get a set of complete vent-less doors from a 73&up Dart, and just bolt them up. Other than that, I've found that the roof rail weatherstrip and the side window ws would need to be replaced.

Other than pictures, does anybody know about this swap, and if so, is it as easy as swapping the doors and a couple of weatherstrip pieces?

Thanks,
Dan

You will need to change the chrome piece and weatherstripping that goes along the top of the windows on the body (Can't remember what its called) since they are different. Did the same thing only reverse when I installed a pair of vent window doors on a 74 dart years ago.

Larry

Thanks,
Dan

I posted on BBD... On this site SRT-68 resto page.. He has a pic of a 68 fastback with the vent windows removed.. Nice ! I would love to hear from someone who has done it though..

It looks cool and is pretty easy to do but you may start to miss the wing windows when driving.

-
Back