Non Lockup To Lockup

-
Why not just use the lockup trans?
PS: I have a "core" slant six LU 904

Well, after thinkin on it, I don't think it would gain me anything, would it? My three speed is 1:1 in high gear. Isn't that ALL a lockup does? Give you true 1:1 when the converter locks up? If that's it, I'm there already.

Well, after thinkin on it, I don't think it would gain me anything, would it? My three speed is 1:1 in high gear. Isn't that ALL a lockup does? Give you true 1:1 when the converter locks up? If that's it, I'm there already.
Zackly! A lot of work for no gain. Unless your left knee don't like cluthin' no more!

The non lu will be 2-300 rpm higher in 3rd gear. Absolutely a gain with a lock up. U will never get a non lu converter to 0 % loss. Maybe 5% loss. Kim

Comparing it to the manual transmission I have now, I think I am in better shape. It was just a fleeting thought.

Do you know anybody that could mill you one?

At this point, I would be more interested in finding a T5 transmission to slant six bellhousing adapter plate. "Somebody" has made a short run of them but I don't know who.

The lockup has a like 5/8" smooth button on the end of the input shaft, whereas the non lockup is splined all the way to the end.

I don't know WTF I'm thinkin. A lockup transmission ain't gonna get me anymore than 1:1 and I have that RIGHT NOW with a three speed. lol
Wait a sec, Rob! Weren't we talking about that for a 727 a few weeks ago? ...

Wait a sec, Rob! Weren't we talking about that for a 727 a few weeks ago? ...

I'm not sure Chrysler ever made a lockup 727 for a slant 6, did they? I tell you the truth, I'm not sure I really want to investigate it any further. I'm pretty happy with this gear change. It's growing on me. It's nowhere near as bad as I thought. Maybe if something falls in my lap with an OD.....or if I can adapt this T5 pretty reasonably......now that would be cool. Key word "reasonably". lol

I'm not sure Chrysler ever made a lockup 727 for a slant 6, did they? I tell you the truth, I'm not sure I really want to investigate it any further. I'm pretty happy with this gear change. It's growing on me. It's nowhere near as bad as I thought. Maybe if something falls in my lap with an OD.....or if I can adapt this T5 pretty reasonably......now that would be cool. Key word "reasonably". lol
The T5 is popular swap on the old flatheads. Thats why im hanging onto mine. A spacer ring between bell and trans and a custom pilot bushing.
Would be cheaper to hotrod the iron duke than the flathead.

The T5 is popular swap on the old flatheads. Thats why im hanging onto mine. A spacer ring between bell and trans and a custom pilot bushing.
Would be cheaper to hotrod the iron duke than the flathead.

To heck with all that. I kinda am thinkin about it behind my slant 6. lol

I highly doubt it. I was mainly referring to your knowledge o that subject. I'm positive, if it can be done, you will figure it out!

-
Back