Non-Mopar Mystery Car!

-

DartDude335

Reaction score
so I got this car and I have no clue to its origians .al I know about it was that was found 35 years ago behind an old hot rod shop in Denver with a tree growing through it .since it was found it sat neglected in a warehouse .I rescued it from the warehouse and I am thinking of restoring it ..I know the body is hand made and Im not quite sure what the grill is from ....ANY HELP!?!?

Attachments

• P1010027.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 566
  • P1010029.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 642
  • P1010031.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 554
  • P1010103.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 565
you could be right! The guy I got it from swore up and down it was a '46 Austin ..It is strange in the fact that it has drum brakes in the front and disk brakes in the back

I don't know what it is other than AWESOME.

Stick a sbm, 4speed and 8 3/4 in it and run it! Better yet, stick an old 1st or 2nd gen Hemi in it! :burnout:

That car looks nothing like an Austin! Maybe parts of it, It looks to have a American grille in place of what seems to be a foreign body. Not sure....BUT, what I do know is a first Generation 241 Dodge Hemi, would look SHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET in it tho! HELL, any of the 1st Gen Hemi for that matter, with a long cross ram intake.........Could be an awesome "Mopar" powered rig, thats for sure!

Looks like somebody's old kit car.

i think an Austin would have had running boards running in to the front and rear fenders. that one has cycle fenders on the front. course we still need remember it might not be stock.

attachment.php

images

I can tell you right now that the body is a custom made body and the grill from what i have been told so far is a '37 ford grill ..its not a kit car it is completely hand made and I know the front fenders are old motor cycle fenders...AND TRUST ME ON THIS!! A HEMI WOULD NOT FIT IN THIS AT ALL!! LOL

I was thinking a bantam (might be misspelled) made in Butler Pa. They made a lot of cool little cars back then

Oddly enough, I believe that car would be far more valuable if you were to restore it, vs, hot rod it.

Oddly enough, I believe that car would be far more valuable if you were to restore it, vs, hot rod it.

Restore it to what? If it's a custom job, documentation will be non-existent. If it's some sort of kit, the original plans should be available somewhere. Otherwise anything goes.

You should throw Miata double wishbone suspension on that make it an awesome circle track/autocross car!

I have a complete setup if interested.

-
Back