Non traditional thanksgiving. What are you having

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My son is coming home and my exwife is cooking him a traditional dinner. So I know he loves sweet sausage sandwiches with green peppers and onions. And of course Mozzarella cheese. I put the sausage yesterday and cut up the green peppers and onions and added them today. They will be here and available all week.

IMG_0372.jpeg

IMG_0373.jpeg

IMG_0386.jpeg

IMG_0389.jpeg

thanfully i'm working.. thanksgiving never did anything for me... jamie (rylee will be headed to va for a field hockeything) will be heading to my moms and sisters in the city. they all decided years ago that all the cooking and cleaning up was too much a pain in the *** so they go to WAWA for turkey bowls. tons of homemade dessert thoughg.. :). it works out great. we always get an extra loaded up bowl and hand it to a homeless perseon that we see...

My cousin flew in from Philly, haven't seen her since 1977, so we be having a traditional Thanksgiving with her and the rest of our family.
Oh and the stories she remembers when we were kids, I guess me and her brothers were rotten. lol
Now my wife knows I wasn't such a saint. :D

I really like fried turkey but it’s to much work for just me and my ferals. I had the family over one year and fried one turkey and oven baked the other one for homemade gravy. Man that was a busy day.

I'm going to smoke some pork ribs, it's just the wife and I. We agree about all of the cooking and cleaning. On that note, the most non traditional Thanksgiving I've had was a girl that I had been friends with for many years was transferred from Miami to New Orleans, I caught a flight and we spent the day doing the pub crawl in the French Quarter. The walk over wasn't bad, the crawl back was tough, they kept stepping on our hands. LMAO

Thanksgiving may be the only day that I can actually sit on my *** and watch all 3 football games and dronk beer...Ill take it. MY HS football team plays every thanksgiving, I took my son one year actually ran into an old girlfriend...:)

I guess Im haveing traditional dinner with wine beer and likker if I want it...:)

Last edited:
My favorite salt Cod with mashed potatos , turnip , carrots a slice of raw onion and thick fryed baccon .

Samuel E's modified Spam Casserole
2 C bow-tie noodles
2 T Butter
1/2 an onion chopped
2 T Flour
1 tsp mustard
1/4 tsp pepper
2 C Milk
1 C Colby cheese shredded
1 12oz Spam, cubed
1 C Sweet corn (can use canned corn,peas,green beans, etc) thawed and drained
Buttered Bread Crumbs (crushed garlic bread, crushed gold fish crackers, use your imagination)
Cook noodles & drain. In a large cast iron skillet melt butter & cook onion. Add flour, mustard, and pepper. Blend in milk. Stir & cook until thick & bubbly. Add cheese and stir until melted. Combine all ingredients. Bake at 350 until bubbly. Add bread crumbs for last 5 min. Takes about 30 min.
SPAM thread

Steak, baked potatoes and broccoli. We're flying to Waco, TX to be with my daughter who is a senior at Baylor. Told her to pick whatever she wanted to cook for us. I'm sure it will be awesome in her little apartment kitchen. Going to the football game on Saturday and she gets to run the line with the freshmen because her game to do that was canceled during covid. They're letting seniors who missed out, catch up this year. Not our typical Thanksgiving and not looking forward to traveling, but will be great to be with her and her friends.

Im just about done making a stuffed ham. Yeah I know, most of you probably never heard of it. Here are a couple links if your interested in reading up on it.

Until yesterday, I was going to the GF's house for a traditional dinner with her and her kids. But then I came up with a case of the creeping cruds so I will likely have to sit that one out. Nobody wants a Germ Bomb at the dinner table.

That leads to Plan B, garlic brats on the Traeger with mashed potatoes and some kind of veggie out of the freezer. Probably fresh corn from this year's crop. And football all day. :)

Traditional turkey dinner at my daughter/son-in-laws home. My son and his wife and 7 month baby came too. This means we have his 3-1/2 year old Goldendoodle and her 7 month old Goldendoodle together as well. The dogs turned the place into Romper Room - having a ball wrestling non-stop!

Smoked a pork roast and a big chicken. Sides will be traditional but I’ll eat a chicken or pork roast quicker than a turkey!!

7EF10369-7D17-40A3-A8FF-292205A111F3.jpeg

-
Back