Noob to the forum--'73 Duster "Mugsie"

-

Brad54

Reaction score
My buddy Steve told me about this place, so I thought I'd join.

My name's Brad Ocock, and I own a yellow '73 Duster... some of you may have seen the story I did in Muscle Car Review earlier this year chronicling my drive back home from California. The car's name is "Mugsie."

I blew the car apart to the bare shell last weekend, and plan a full restomod for the car.

There's going to be some details and info I'll need to make the car and my stories better, so I'll be picking brains of the guys that know!

-Brad

Welcome Brad and Mugsie!New members are reguired to post pics.!!J/K.We love car ****....so attach here.

Ehhh... I can't post pics of the car. It's not that I don't know HOW, though. I'm a freelance writer for car mags (mainly Muscle Car Review and Hot Rod Deluxe, though I do stuff for a lot of other mags), and I can't send them pics I've posted up on websites.

However (shameless plug!) you'll see a bunch of stuff on it in Muscle Car Review.

It has a Slant/auto combo; column shift, no console, bucket seats. Lemon Twist, white interior, vinyl half-roof. I'm keeping it Lemon Twist, getting rid of the vinyl roof.

Plans are for a resto-mod; the engine will look "correct" at a glance, but will probably be a stroker 360 with camouflaged aluminum heads and intake, and I'm going to run a 5-speed (no console for the floor shifter though).

Debating on hood/interior... I'd like to put on a scoop and black-out the hood, but I don't think that'll work with the white seats. I like the Lemon Twist with white stripe kit, but I also like the black hood and scoop.

-Brad

-
Back