Nooooo!! My compressor Crapped itself Already

-

moparspares

Reaction score
Just purchased the Campbell Hausfeld VT627500RB 60Gallon 3.2RHP Compressor. Just had it wired and followed the startup procedure to a tee.

Says open tank drain valve and open air flow valve and run at zero pressure for 30 minutes. Well thats all good but the compressor shut down at 25 minutes and now wont restart.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Did you check the oil level in the compressor before you started it up? They sometimes do not have oil in them when they are shipped.

Can you turn the motor over by hand? (try that after you unplug or flip the breaker). Did it trip the breaker? Is there a reset button on the motor? It may have just gotten too hot and will reset after it cools.
C

Did you check the oil level in the compressor before you started it up? They sometimes do not have oil in them when they are shipped.

Oil level is good. Had to add a touch before starting up. Motor has a little red button on back. Looks like some sort of reset button. I pressed that but made no difference.

Was there plastic covering the air inlet filters ? I had to ask.

Open the starter relay box (regulator) and see if the contacts are closed and power is going to your electric motor using a electric meter

Do you have a volt meter? Check to see if you have power to the compressor. You also have a pressure switch that could be defunct. If your end is good then call for warranty.

I have to agree that sounds weird my IR was maybe two to three minutes

And thats usually how long it takes to fill the tank up from 0 psi anyways. I have never heard of running the motor that long for break-in.

I have a 60 Husky VT series (made by campbell Hausfeld). The break-in procedure was the same. They said to open the valves as to not provide any load to the pump and run it for 30 minutes to seat the rings and break in the pump. Then you're supposed to change the oil and plug the tank and run it until it fills the tank

[ame]http://chpower.com/IMAGES/pdfs/manual05/227706_0211_web.pdf[/ame]

I check Campbell Hausfeld's and Ingersoll Rand's web sites and the start up instructions
have the same break in time 30 min.

If the electric motor overheated you will have to wait until the motor cools completly off to push the red re-set button on the motor.

Here in OZ we run on 50HZ but you guys in the USA use 60HZ. That is the reason it has stopped. Spoke to a few guys here though and they said it should not make any difference but motor will just run a litlle slower.

I will swap it out though for a 50HZ motor. Any suggestions on a 230/240V 3.5 HP 50HZ motor

-
Back