Nor-Cal '73 Swinger

-
As mike said, the dash is out and completely dissaembled. I'll post some pics tonight. Ready to shoot the dash black & install a new dash Cap & new vinyl overlay on the woodrain.

Jeff what body shop is your car at? I'm actually in Hayward today and was going to see if I could sneak a peak at it if they weren't too busy. See how my day goes.

Got some good news today. Stopped by the body shop at lunch to drop off the dissasembled dash & the owner of the shop was inside the Dart with a flashlight. He said, "Look at this..." He went & got a bucket of water & dumped it down the cowl & had me focus on where the radio antenna comes in behind the kick panel. Sure enough... there was my leak. not at the cowl as I had been fearing.

Apparently, the little old lady who owned the car before me had run an aftermarket stereo & she ran the wiring around the grommet sealing the the antenna wire, breaking the seal & as the water leaked out of the cowl drain, ran right down the antenna and into the cab, Freakin old ladies & there second rate aftermarket wiring ideas. Cut the extra wire & just need a new gasket for the antenna to kick panel area & leak is gone!

You know how dem ol ladies be bumpin there stereo with the big subs and the in dash tv's. that's how my granny rolls

You know how dem ol ladies be bumpin there stereo with the big subs and the in dash tv's. that's how my granny rolls

I know, right? Every time I crawl under the dash I think of the guy who sold me the car as he told me it was an old lady's car that sat for 10 years with a straight face. I'm starting to think that all of our cars were owned by the same old lady.

I'm starting to think that all of our cars were owned by the same old lady.
Not mine, it was owned by a little old man who couldn't find where the holes in the floor go for the bucket seats he wanted instead of the bench, so he drilled 10 or 20 holes and never patched any of them. Oh sorry that was the dumbass kid who was the second owner....:dontknow: and that is why I have a new floor pan.

Not mine, it was owned by a little old man who couldn't find where the holes in the floor go for the bucket seats he wanted instead of the bench, so he drilled 10 or 20 holes and never patched any of them. Oh sorry that was the dumbass kid who was the second owner....:dontknow: and that is why I have a new floor pan.

Man must be the same one that owned my 74 Swinger.

No, those are SPEED holes!

[ame="http://youtu.be/XVV_COOey0E"]302 Found[/ame]

those wires we spotted during the motor work?i should have an antenna with the cord and the stock gasket.

While the Dart is in paint, I've been getting the dash ready for installation. I took the original dash pad into the upholstery shop for a recover. Here are some before & after pics.

Attachments

• Dash Pad after 3.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 381
  • Dash Pad after 2.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 386
  • Dash Pad after 1.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 359
  • Dash Pad before 4.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 347
  • Dash Pad before 3.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 347
  • Dash Pad before 2.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 360
  • Dash Pad before 1.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 348
hey that looks great.whats up jeff.how does your fine automobile look today?

:worthles:​

We wannt pics Jeff :jocolor:​

Dash looks great, coming right along.....​

Sweet man. I started spraying my car last week. I shot the trunklid and doors. Looks bitchin! Think I'm going to redo the trunklid because I saw a couple of little imperfections that's bugging me. Black is a real ***** and shows everything. When's the reveal date of yours?

when he gets courtney hansen some silicone boobs and then the reveal lol

A pass in a W-2 headed,small block,Good Max Wedge,or B1 prepped wedge,would fix that forthwright........(Lady ,knows her stuff.Dad manages a dragstrip....).

I freakin love Courtney Hansen!!!

Got down to Devil's Den just in time to watch Nate install the stripe & get ready for clear. Here's the shots I got today.

Attachments

• Dart in black.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 295
  • Dart in black 2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 303
  • Dart in black 3.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 295
  • Dart in black 4.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 313
  • stripe.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 281
  • Stripe 2.jpg