NOS Beware

-

halifaxhops

It's going to get stupid around here!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I needed a certian part and found one NOS not cheap. No returns usually on NOS. Not the first time. Lucky I can use this on another one.

DSC02172.JPG

DSC02173.JPG

2808796 supersedes to 2098197.
This has been discussed before that sometimes Chrysler changes a larger part number back to a smaller one.
Superseded numbers should be stated in the description but quite often they are not.

superseded unfortunate3ly. I have the books , problem is I have to have that specific number for a 100 point restoration.

Last edited:
Not superseded unfortunate3ly. I have the books it is for a totally different distributor.

Mispackaged part. That's why it hasn't been put on car in decades?

Did seller show picture of contents before sale? Most big NOS sellers don't seem to do that. One of the downfalls from those types.

I deal with this stuff all the time. Usually what happens guys are looking through boxes because they don't have the books and occasionally put the wrong part in the box. Also a drawback with nos anything that has rubber in it is usually iffy. I get them and send them out to be rebuilt. Actually got lucky needed this for a customer been looking for over a year for it. On its way for a new diaphragm as I type.

Source for post #2 comes from multiple years of Chrysler COS part number list (cancelled obsolete superseded).
Of course its always possible, that Chrysler was wrong in their COS listings.

Last edited:
This happened a lot back in the mid 70's and beyond. I worked at a warehouse/parts store back then that stocked "Mopar" parts and pieces. When stock was removed from the dealerships and re-boxed to "Mopar", things got screwed up. The warehouse hired temps and tried to make sure all was correct, but things fell through the cracks.

Maybe it identifies as the right part. Did you ask it how it feels that you think it is wrong?:poke:

-
Back